The C-Max Bar - The Best Place to Greet & Talk

Jus-A-CMax

Cmaxsea, I see you have the 303a package. Just like we plan to get. Just wondering how many times have you used your parallel parking assist? And how many times did you practice first before you were confident to use it for real with cars alot closer together and limited space? Or are you still a park-assist virgin?

Edited by salsaguy

Salsa,  Have used the Park Assist many times and it has been flawless & fun.  Of course we rarely need it with parking lots & garages ........., so I use it on occasion just for fun alone.  There are several threads on this including this one:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2213-park-assist-thumbs-way-up/

The key is to go slow and keep your foot on/near/ready to brake - you are in control of the process with your foot!  Practice twice and you have it mastered.  Hmmm, it has been awhile, time to go have some fun.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Cool.yeah I saw the videos about it. The VW CC had this feature as well. Would love to have it on my Passat. This new Passat is much longer/bigger than my last one and I still have a hard time getting used to it and it makes parking much harder for me. Thank goodness I had the rear view camera installed.helps a lot to see the sidewalk/curb on the right and to get s close to the car behind me when aligning the car perfectly. Wish they offered front bumper camera as well.

Edited by salsaguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, C Maxers. I have had my Blue Candy C Max for about two months and love it. I did not buy it new but bought a lease vehicle with 28000 miles. It is an SEL pretty well loaded and was a great deal at the dealer. I had gone to three different dealers and was looking at a small SUV type vehicle and wanted about a year old vehicle. Dealers pushed the Escape which I like but almost refused to push the C Max. I found mine sitting on the lot ( it is now named Smurf) and the dealer almost would not show it. It is like they are afraid of the C Max.

The car has been great. Just took it on a 2000 mile trip and got 42+ MPG for the whole trip. I will take that anytime. I have a friend who saw mine and went and bought a new SE. He loves it also.

I just don't understand Ford's reluctance to push the vehicle - no advertising, no promotions, and no emphasis.

We are retired and were looking for a vehicle that was comfortable, not too big, and economical. This certainly fits those needs and in addition is actually fun to drive - not something associated with most hybrids.

I wonder what would happen if Ford decided to push it a little?????

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I took two of my grandaughters for a ride in my C-max the other day.  The oldest

is 4 years old.  When we started down the road she said she was a little scared, she

had never ridden in my car before so I told her it would be ok.  Ten minutes into

the trip she said Grandpa why is your car little on the outside and big on the

inside.  "Why" is her favorite question at this age.  I laughed thinking it would make

a good Ford commercial.  How do you answer that one?  :)

I took two of my grandaughters for a ride in my C-max the other day.  The oldest

is 4 years old.  When we started down the road she said she was a little scared, she

had never ridden in my car before so I told her it would be ok.  Ten minutes into

the trip she said Grandpa why is your car little on the outside and big on the

inside.  "Why" is her favorite question at this age.  I laughed thinking it would make

a good Ford commercial.  How do you answer that one?  :)

Get her to watch Dr.Who ala TARDIS :rockon: