[Question] C-Max Firewall wiring?Help!!!

b1389rz

Hi Fellow C-max Owners,

I need help to find the firewall hole to do a wiring from the cabin to the engine bay please...

My project is to install a laser jammer,It's the laser interceptor gen 8.

So I need to mount both of the laser diodes head in at the grill,then pull the wire through the firewall to the cabin and then put them together to the laser jammer CPU in the cabin.

I found the video at etrailer.com,but they drilled a separate hole to do their wiring instead of going through the manufucture firewall.

Any help,suggestion or picture would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

Welcome to the forum

The firewall is made out of surprisingly soft metal.

I made several trips between the underside of the car and the inside.

Measured I think 2” down and 2” toward the door from the steering column grommet, PLEASE take your own measurements.

I pulled the carpet back and drilled a small pilot hole then a larger, then one big enough to hold my grommet and wire…easy

The hard part will be getting from there to the front, watch out for the grill shutters.

Hope this helps, my neighbor has jammers on his Chevy 2500, says they work fine…

Till he was doing 85+ in Kansas after being up for 30+ hours.

Edit: I took a picture.

post-554-0-00730800-1388899342_thumb.jpg

Edited by wab

Thanks for the reply wab!

I'll check it out tomorrow to measure the drilling point, so we don't have an existing factory firewall on the cmax right? What about all the cabin fuses wiring that goes to the battery main fuse at the engine Bay? Do you think I can squeeze some wiring in there?

My dealer have installed a Ford oem remote starter when I bought the c-max, I seen some sort of white cable goes along on the hinge of the hood then all the way down to behind the brake assembly, do you think they already make some sort of firewall somewhere to get the installation done?

If I use the drilling method, do you use any hydraulic jack to lift the car up so you can pull the wire from underneath the car?

And one more question :)

What fuse do you think the best for me to add a circuit for the laser jammer CPU? My option right now is the radio which has 15A with it, and the next one would be the cigar lighter fuse with 20A.

This will be a big help! Thanks a bunch again! ;)

"Thanks for the reply wab!
I'll check it out tomorrow to measure the drilling point, so we don't have an existing factory firewall on the cmax right? What about all the cabin fuses wiring that goes to the battery main fuse at the engine Bay? Do you think I can squeeze some wiring in there?"

There are several holes in the firewall the inside fuse block is on the passenger side.

"My dealer have installed a Ford oem remote starter when I bought the c-max, I seen some sort of white cable goes along on the hinge of the hood then all the way down to behind the brake assembly, do you think they already make some sort of firewall somewhere to get the installation done?"

I bet they did, maybe you can use it.

"If I use the drilling method, do you use any hydraulic jack to lift the car up so you can pull the wire from underneath the car?"

I put the car on ramps.

PLEASE if you use a “hydraulic jack to lift” your car DO NOT get under it with just the jack holding the car up!

"And one more question
What fuse do you think the best for me to add a circuit for the laser jammer CPU? My option right now is the radio which has 15A with it, and the next one would be the cigar lighter fuse with 20A."

Check this thread by mtb9153.

http://fordcmaxhybri...ge-2#entry38705

"This will be a big help! Thanks a bunch again! "

wab