Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Fog lights / Retrofit

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 644 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

"Also, despite there being no rain in days here, those connectors in the driver's side were covered in water. May explain my dead 12V a couple of weeks back, so dried them and taped them off a bit."

Water intrusion is indeed one of the suspected causes of 12V failure.  It's mentioned in the Maintenance forum.

Edited by Bill-N, 26 April 2014 - 08:33 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   geobfield

geobfield

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SE

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

Anyone know if there is any progress on this topic?  My dealer says a wiring harness costing $900 is required so I won't be working with them.  I do not feel competent to do it myself.  Striking out finding anyone that can add fog lights to my SE.

#43 OFFLINE   kc1174

kc1174

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 173 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa, FL
  • Current Vehicle:Audi A3

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

Anyone know if there is any progress on this topic? My dealer says a wiring harness costing $900 is required so I won't be working with them. I do not feel competent to do it myself. Striking out finding anyone that can add fog lights to my SE.

I installed fogs on my SE using a third party wiring harness from my post before and an illuminated push button I installed just to the left of the steering wheel. Had a shop here fit it all up as I didn't feel competent installing it myself, and don't have a ramp to get through the firewall to the switch. Works well and wired up correctly, it shuts off the fogs when the high beams are on.

It's funny you post this now, as I just bought this:

http://www.amazon.co...=AC_SX110_SY165

Back to the shop again as I have no clue how to install them. They weren't cheap, but no tax and shipping wasn't bad. They have led DRL's in the fog lamps assembly, fogs, and cornering led's triggered by the turn signals... I'll post back when it's all done.

#44 OFFLINE   RoyC

RoyC

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLutz, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-max SE, battery died once

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

I gathered all the parts from previous posts.

Headlamp Switch, CP9Z-11654-J or Motorcraft BM5T-13A024-JE sw:04 hw:04
Outer Grilles, DM5Z-17B814-A and DM5Z-17B814-C
Wire Harness, FV6Z-15K867-A
Fog Lamps, 4F9Z-15200-AA x2
Fog Lamp Bolts, W701459-S424 x4
Fog Lamp Nuts, W700895-S300 x4

Before putting everything together, I tried the headlamp switch first. It did not turn on the the warning light for log lamps so I assumed the BCM was not configured/programmed to operate log lamps. Later, I was not able to find any cable/connector to connect to the fog lamp cable either. I decided to go with plan B, the parking lamps. I connected a relay to the parking lamp cable to switch power from "jump start" box.

The only drawback I can find in the configuration is my fog lamps will be turned on when parking lamps are on. I use LED H11 which takes about 3 amps for both.

IMG 4246
IMG 4209

#45 OFFLINE   Adrian_L

Adrian_L

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 677 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

Did you consider a toggle switch between the fog lamp cable and the relay?  That way you decide when you want the fog lamps on.

#46 OFFLINE   RoyC

RoyC

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLutz, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-max SE, battery died once

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

I was thinking about a separate switch just for the fog lamps. However, I could not figure out a place for that switch. Running those wires could also be a headache.

I upgraded my low lights to HID awhile ago. In my case, HID lights are much brighter than LEDs, maybe 5 times brighter. There is not much difference driving in the dark with or without my LED fog lamps. I mainly use these fog lamps as DRL.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·