Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Factory fog lamp install

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Joseph B Howle

Joseph B Howle

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

I am considering adding the ford factory c-max fog lamps to my c-max SE but was curious if the vehicle has the wiring already in place to make it happen. I understand that I will need to buy the lamps, housing and switch's etc. My main concern is the wiring. Did ford include the same wire harm in all trim levels of the form C-Max. The exception would be the C-max energy which mine is not.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 630 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

I am considering adding the ford factory c-max fog lamps to my c-max SE but was curious if the vehicle has the wiring already in place to make it happen. I understand that I will need to buy the lamps, housing and switch's etc. My main concern is the wiring. Did ford include the same wire harm in all trim levels of the form C-Max. The exception would be the C-max energy which mine is not.

I believe so since some of the SE dead battery failures were apparently caused by water intrusion into the fog-light wiring harness.

#3 OFFLINE   Joseph B Howle

Joseph B Howle

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Hmmm, I will have to go look behind the bumper and see if there is indeed a pigtail in there. I know the hand lamp switch in my car doesn't have the fog lamp button but the switch assembly is fairly inexpensive on ebay. Would the same be true if I wanted to add the factory backup camera?

#4 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,527 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

I know it's hindsight now, but might be cheaper to have bought an SEL, certainly allot more work than I feel it is worth.

#5 OFFLINE   Tdefny

Tdefny

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 285 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Energi, '02 Prius, '00 Town & Country

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

I agree with Brother Mike. If there is any benefit to the fog lights I have not seen it here in NY. Save your money and invest it in some gas pods.

#6 OFFLINE   Joseph B Howle

Joseph B Howle

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

I live on a VERY rural military base in California with a huge population of dear and coyotes. I want the fog lamps to save myself the heart ache of the collision with a furry animal...lol

#7 OFFLINE   zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 829 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Sel 303A

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

I live on a VERY rural military base in California with a huge population of dear and coyotes. I want the fog lamps to save myself the heart ache of the collision with a furry animal...lol

China Lake?

#8 OFFLINE   tishpit

tishpit

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Chevrolet Spark

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

Just bought my '14 C-Max and the dealership (salesman after checking on it) that there is no accessory offered by Ford regarding installing fog lights in the SE.  I too have the SE and would like fog lights since I live close to the water and we get very dense fog in early morning and evening/night.  But wondering if the fog lights make a big difference in those conditions?  I've had some cars that the fogs were amazing (like my '10 Escape), and others where they made no noticeable difference.

#9 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 374 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

Congrats on the new car, I would think that the dealer could install the fog lights. And to answer your question, mine seem to do a good job.

#10 OFFLINE   cmax-nynj

cmax-nynj

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNY, NJ, CT
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

I bought an inexpensive set of fog light kits for my SE online and I'm about to install them after I get yellow H8 bulbs.  It comes with everything I need.  I tested it out with the car battery and it is working.  However, I'd like to know the best way to run the switch wires through the firewall and to find a Positive wire under the steering column which is only live when the car is on.  

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·