Wiper blades

rfaunce

Hi - I am having difficulty finding wiper blades for my C-Max. A number of parts catalogs list blades but the recommended part numbers are for generic blades of the correct length with universal mounts. The C-Max blades have a unique mount.

Has anyone replaced their blades with Anco or Trico blades and have the correct part number?

Hi - I did end up at the Ford dealer where they were $12.68 each.  Snow blades are apparently not available.  Many wiper catalogues list the C-Max but when you actually open the package they are not the correct blade.  I don't know why they did not use a simple bayonet mount, which would let me install snow blades (a must here in Maine).

I went looking at wiper blades a few weeks ago, and just compared what I ended up buying this morning. Buy the more-expensive Ford wipers, and use a coupon through support.ford.com to get them for $20 the pair. You want the blades packaged without any adapters... WW-29 and WW-25 on this site.  

Auto parts stores will have wipers that fit. I got a pair of Trico Onyx blades, for more than $20 each, because they were the only ones with the odd-ball adapter and a nice aero shape. Problem is, the airfoil is left-handed... it's backwards on the passenger side. I took that one back, but kept the driver's side just in case Ford wanted more... I was wrong. Learn from my mistake!

HAve fun,

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta be kidding me, change the blades this soon?  Mine work great, only a year and 6 months old :rockon:

LOL, same here.  Used the wipers Saturday (1.46 inches in my rain gauge).  Don't recall the last time I used them but the previous time it rained was mid-December 2013.  Also, have yet to add washer fluid.

Rain-X.... wipers last much longer. Proper wiper care is important too. It's so important, in fact, that Ford has a video showing how to clean wipers to prolong wiper life. In a C-Max it's not as easy as other vehicles because the wipers are hidden under the back of the hood. I just learned (shame on me) how to put the wipers in "service park" today. I wish I'd shown my wife how to do that last night before the freezing rain, sleet, and snow. It would've made cleaning the windshield a lot easier this morning. We'll see if we've learned anything by next winter since I hope this is the last freezing rain we'll see this year. 

For those who haven't looked into it: turn ignition on, turn ignition off, hold wiper stalk down within 3 secs of turning ignition off and wipers will move to service position and stop. 

What's this "service park" thing you mention?  I've been looking for that... tired of getting chunks of ice rattling around under the hood from having the wipers down during a snow.

It's called "service position" and in the owner's manual.

Setting the Front Wipers in the Service Position
1. Make sure that the outside of the
windshield is free from snow and
ice.
2. Switch on the ignition.
3. Switch off the ignition, and move
the wiper lever to position A within
three seconds. Hold the lever in
position A.
4. Release the lever when the
wipers have moved to the service
position.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went looking at wiper blades a few weeks ago, and just compared what I ended up buying this morning. Buy the more-expensive Ford wipers, and use a coupon through support.ford.com to get them for $20 the pair. You want the blades packaged without any adapters... WW-29 and WW-25 on this site.  

Auto parts stores will have wipers that fit. I got a pair of Trico Onyx blades, for more than $20 each, because they were the only ones with the odd-ball adapter and a nice aero shape. Problem is, the airfoil is left-handed... it's backwards on the passenger side. I took that one back, but kept the driver's side just in case Ford wanted more... I was wrong. Learn from my mistake!

HAve fun,

Frank

I went to the Ford dealer with coupon to get the a pair of blades.  (ww-29 and ww-25)  for 19.96.

They said that the coupon does not work for those because the coupon says "with wear indicator" which is a different blade.  He also said that the Ford wiper blades with the wear indicator are not available for the C-Max.  

Has anyone here actually been able to get these blades with the coupon ?

(By the way, this is the link to all the Ford offers and coupons:  https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ServiceCouponsPage )

Edited by obob

• 8 months later...

Just an FYI, Costco's Goodyear wipers do not work on my 2013 C-Max. The blade to arm connector assembly sits too high such that on the passenger side it hits the back edge of the hood when going down and makes a loud thump each time. So annoying. Guess I'll follow others and get wiper blades from my Ford dealer to ensure proper fit. Sigh.

• 2 years later...