Hello from 'dead battery' in Denver

ScottWally

Hi all -

Have used the forum to gather information both before and after my Fall purchase of our 2013 C-Max, but just registered today after finding our 'dead' CMax in the garage this morning.  Had originally intended trading our 2008 Mazda 5 microvan/wagon for a Ford Focus last Fall, but was given a great deal on a new 2013 C-Max SE and went hybrid.  A little bummed now after MUCH more extensive reading today.

Since so few have posted in the thread about failures after the latest software update I'm hoping a new, fully charged battery from the dealer (under warranty!) will take care of the problem.  So sorry to hear how much you all have been going through over the past 2 years with the bug fixes.  First saw C-Max's in Europe in 2010 and hoped all the bugs were taken care of over there - obviously not, eh?

Scott in Denver

Hi all -

Have used the forum to gather information both before and after my Fall purchase of our 2013 C-Max, but just registered today after finding our 'dead' CMax in the garage this morning.  Had originally intended trading our 2008 Mazda 5 microvan/wagon for a Ford Focus last Fall, but was given a great deal on a new 2013 C-Max SE and went hybrid.  A little bummed now after MUCH more extensive reading today.

Since so few have posted in the thread about failures after the latest software update I'm hoping a new, fully charged battery from the dealer (under warranty!) will take care of the problem.  So sorry to hear how much you all have been going through over the past 2 years with the bug fixes.  First saw C-Max's in Europe in 2010 and hoped all the bugs were taken care of over there - obviously not, eh?

Scott in Denver

The Hybrid is a US only vehicle. Euro Max is a petrol only vehicle.

Edited by drdiesel1

My battery is dead for 3rd time - once since upgade 

I have found my radio stuck on twice after shutting car on and walking away

Called Ford, they said take another day off from work and take car to dealer. 

Tim,

PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into this for you.

Ashley

Dead battery here as well on Friday. And when I say dead...I mean completely lifeless. The tow-truck tried to jump-it for over 45 minutes and it didn't work. My wife spent the entire day trying to get the car towed to the dealer and then trying to get a free rental car out of the dealer. I will say that we were lucky. Had it been one day later, the battery would've stranded us (My wife and myself) in the Sierras (ski trip) for who knows how long. She got the car back today with no explanation of the issue from the dealer. They, at first, tried to blame us for it. Saying that it was our fault because we had a usb wire plugged into the console (nothing attached to the wire, mind you!). When we pushed them, they admitted several had come in recently with dead batteries, that it was indeed a design flaw. They didn't fix anything, just recharged the battery. It ended up taking the dealer over a day to charge the 12v....amazing.

Luckily, in CA, there is a lemon law that allows us to get most of our money back if this occurs 3x. Unforunately, we can't trust the car anymore and have to always have a back-up plan for when this happens again, because I'm certain it will.

I'm looking forward to getting rid of this lemon.

Edited by SDG

Dead battery here as well on Friday. And when I say dead...I mean completely lifeless. The tow-truck tried to jump-it for over 45 minutes and it didn't work. My wife spent the entire day trying to get the car towed to the dealer and then trying to get a free rental car out of the dealer. I will say that we were lucky. Had it been one day later, the battery would've stranded us (My wife and myself) in the Sierras (ski trip) for who knows how long. She got the car back today with no explanation of the issue from the dealer. They, at first, tried to blame us for it. Saying that it was our fault because we had a usb wire plugged into the console (nothing attached to the wire, mind you!). When we pushed them, they admitted several had come in recently with dead batteries, that it was indeed a design flaw. They didn't fix anything, just recharged the battery. Luckily, in CA, there is a lemon law that allows us to get most of our money back if this occurs 3x. Unforunately, we can't trust the car anymore and have to always have a back-up plan for when this happens again, because I'm certain it will.

SDG -

Hope you don't have to go that route, but if you need to invoke the CA lemon law see the Lemon Law & Buy Back Info and Experience thread at http://fordcmaxhybri...and-experience/  , particularly the posts by salman.

• 5 months later...

Dead battery here as well on Friday. And when I say dead...I mean completely lifeless. The tow-truck tried to jump-it for over 45 minutes and it didn't work. My wife spent the entire day trying to get the car towed to the dealer and then trying to get a free rental car out of the dealer. I will say that we were lucky. Had it been one day later, the battery would've stranded us (My wife and myself) in the Sierras (ski trip) for who knows how long. She got the car back today with no explanation of the issue from the dealer. They, at first, tried to blame us for it. Saying that it was our fault because we had a usb wire plugged into the console (nothing attached to the wire, mind you!). When we pushed them, they admitted several had come in recently with dead batteries, that it was indeed a design flaw. They didn't fix anything, just recharged the battery. It ended up taking the dealer over a day to charge the 12v....amazing.

Luckily, in CA, there is a lemon law that allows us to get most of our money back if this occurs 3x. Unforunately, we can't trust the car anymore and have to always have a back-up plan for when this happens again, because I'm certain it will.

Do you have a 2013 or 2014?