Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Reverse alarm in backup light?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   themacguy

themacguy

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationWest of the Pecos
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

I was searching on eBay and found (on ebay.uk) a light bulb for the backup lights that contains an actual backup alarm. As the C-Max is silent in this mode (reversing out a parking space or garage), I'd like to have that alarm. However, the bulb seems to be a "press 'n turn" variety rather than the W16W (push fit) LED type. Has anyone managed to locate the proper bulb with a combo-alarm attached? It would certainly make for a simple install.

Thanks,

Barry

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Alex Sams

Alex Sams

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

I think we'd discussed this earlier, and people are so stupid that it doesn't matter. 

I think the 3156 style works in our vehicles. The only problem I have with these is that you're installing it in a cone that will direct sound towards the inside of the vehicle. Yes, there's a lot of insulation between you and the sound, but if you really wanted a reverse beeper, you'd be better off wiring an actual horn located under the car. It might be more work than most people want to do, but the finished product would be much better. 

#3 OFFLINE   Adair

Adair

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMilan, Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, 303A, built 11.24.12

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

I think we'd discussed this earlier, and people are so stupid that it doesn't matter.

?????

#4 OFFLINE   BoomerGer

BoomerGer

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 38 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSunny, Southern CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Focus

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

Go to a truck parts place and find a back up alarm, or maybe a forklift service center and find same.  I have a LOUD alarm that is switchable when I want to use it (Don't want to use it in my driveway in the early morning and wake the neighbors in the 'hood) and when I do use it, people hold their ears, give me dirty looks, and people in farther parts of the lot look around as if there is a dump truck backing up.  Hey, I do not care if they give me ANY kind of looks.  PLUS, I take it with me when I switch cars!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·