Battery Failures Poll

homestead

Battery Failure poll  

90 members have voted

1. 1. For Hybrid owners how many 12v battery failures have you had?

• 5 or more

Just had my second dead battery.  Have changed my vote in poll from one to two.  My dear battery events are several months apart.  Will get a jump start in the morning and take the car to my dealer.

Further info:  When the AAA gave me a jump this AM, My radio came on along with with everything else.  We routinely turn off the radio manually when we turn off the car -- so I suspect this may be the cause in this case.  I told the SA when I delivered the car to my Ford dealer the morning.  He was skeptical, but said he would have it checked.

To be continued.

Further info:  When the AAA gave me a jump this AM, My radio came on along with with everything else.  We routinely turn off the radio manually when we turn off the car -- so I suspect this may be the cause in this case.  I told the SA when I delivered the car to my Ford dealer the morning.  He was skeptical, but said he would have it checked.

To be continued.

Dealer performed according to the invoice:

under Recall13B07, 13B07B Reprogram the Powertrain Control Module 

Recall13B12, 13B12B Check Battery with GR-1, Reprogram FCDIM

6402 programmed per recall

Not sure what was actually done other than reprogramming but it seems to work.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

will be receiving 5th 12 v battery at 18,500 hate to use the word lemon but ? if not for this I would love my cmax.

If you are really interested in solving your dead 12v battery problem, check out this Tread. "

"Possible 12volt Dead Battery Solution"

If you have any questions you can post or PM me after 5 posts. :)

Paul

Mine failed for the 10th time today. I am sick of this car at my last visit to the dealer they were kind enough to leave me a letter informing not to leave devices plugged in! Thanks! Nothing like having to carry around a booster pack in a less than year old car.

Mine failed for the 10th time today. I am sick of this car at my last visit to the dealer they were kind enough to leave me a letter informing not to leave devices plugged in! Thanks! Nothing like having to carry around a booster pack in a less than year old car.

I can't imagine your frustration.  There's no way I would have been this patient.  Knock-on-wood, my SEL is over 2 years old and I haven't had a battery failure (yet?).  And, for what it's worth, my phone charger is never unplugged (from arm-rest cubby).

And I agree, a booster pack, trickle charger, whatever, is not a solution.  Workaround, yes; solution, no.