Rear Seat Belt Receiving Receptacle CMAX Energi

Mike Murrell

On my 2013 CMAX Energi and when I pulled the rear seat back up after being folded down I noticed the seatbelt receiver not there.  It is stuck under the seat and even though I can feel it, there is no way that I can pull it back through?

Any suggestions without removing the whole rear seat?

Has this happened to anybody else?

Thank You.

post-1883-0-95636900-1393521155_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Murrell

Greetings and Welcome

On our hybrid it looks like a two people job.

From the driver’s side start letting the seat back down.

From the passenger side the person with the longest arm reaches under the seat bottom and pushes the belt up as the driver side raises the seat back.

hope it works

wab

Edited by wab

Thanks Wab.

When I tried that it seemed like as the seat was folding down, allowing the most space to try and pull or push up the seat belt receiver, it jst would not flex enough to go through the opening.  Tried and Tried and just millimeters seemed to make difference.  I am convinced the seat will need to be removed, but if so, cannot understand how it got downthere in the first place.  ??

• 1 year later...

This happened to my 2013 CMAX Energi ... took it to the dealership and they couldn't push it back up.

Upon further inspection while it was under the seat, they noticed that the receiver unit was cracked so we ordered a new unit and they had to take the seat out .

Had it happen after they tore apart the rear interior chasing down a "styrofoam" squeak. When they put it back together, they forgot to get the receptacle back up. I took it back and they had to remove the seat to get it done.