Great Deal on Genuine Ford OEM Pop Up Cargo Organizer

Not sure if any other C-Max Owners have been irritated by having something fall on the ground when the Rear Hatch Door is opened due to things shifting around during driving.  The last straw for me was when my C Crane Portable Radio dropped suddenly unto my driveway pavers upon the Hatch opening.  I`ve done the "Net" thing before but got tired of the tangling.  Found the perfect solution.  Ford Genuine Accessories makes a Standard Pop-Up Cargo Organizer that fits perfectly and clips into place using the available fastening points, and lays (flat) when not in use.  Item Number AE5Z-78115A00-B.  Retails for about $80.  Grabbed one for an offer of $55  on Ebay from Marshall-Sikes Ford in Hixson, TN on their Ebay Listing under 2013 Ford C-Max Accessories.  They got a few more I believe left over from previous Customer "special orders" that never picked them up.  Heavy Duty Ford OEM product with perfect fit and color match.  No more surprises of things falling out when the Rear Hatch is opened.

• 11 months later...

I don't want to take credit away from any site sponsors but I was able to get a four bin ROLA MOVE cargo carrier off of Amazon that works perfectly in the back of the C-MAX (http://amzn.com/B000E81VN8).    I used to try to carry bags in the flip up portion of the load floor but sometimes I had too many.

The divders are semi-rigid and secured with velcro tabs, so you can make the bins any size you want and if you need the full cargo room the whole thing can either lift out or fold relatively flat in a few seconds.

• 6 months later...

I found a ~$30 cargo holder (High Road Accordion Cargo Organizer) that seems to fit perfectly in my 2015 C-Max SE Hybrid. It fits almost exactly to the cargo area width, has enough support to stay upright and open, and can fold to fit into the cargo area pocket..

( http://www.highroadorganizers.com/Accordion_Car_Trunk_and_Cargo_Organizing_Bin_p/hr-5533-blk0x.htm

It's also being sold on amazon and ebay.

I'm working on how to attach the organizer to the car for support (see this thread:  http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1332-adding-a-cargo-net-to-the-c-max/ )

Here are some photos:

It fits 3 grocery bags in the three larger compartments (as shown with a cooler bag, a Trader Joe's reusable bag, and a Whole Foods paper bag). the last compartment is divided into 4 smaller compartments (probably would fit bottles well, or other narrow items (I'll have to test if it fits a pint of berries, and prevents them from getting crushed). All dividers are sewn in and not removable. (ETA - in the 4 smallest compartments, one piece is attached by velcro, so it can be opened into two smaller rectangles).

Organizer back Of car1

There's about 14-15 inches remaining between the back of the back seats, and the organizer. So larger items, or more grocery bags, could fit behind it. 

Organizer space is 14plus inches from back Of seat

(Sorry for the lousy photo). The organizer could be pushed to the back, and the handles can hook onto the small plastic hooks in the cargo area. However, in this position it doesn't fit quite as perfectly, since the back bumps make you lose ~4 inches of cargo area width, and the organizer has to be a little squeezed in between the bumps. I also prefer having the organizer the way it is in the first photo, near the edge, to prevent items from falling out of the hatch when opened)

Organizer back Of car2 pushed To back

It's hard to see in this all-gray photo, but the organizer folds up, and can fit in the cargo area's net pocket.

Folded organizer in cargo pocket

Note: I have also posted to another thread to see if I can figure out a good way to securely attach the cargo organizer so it doesn't shift:  

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1332-adding-a-cargo-net-to-the-c-max/

Edited to add: As shown in that thread, I ended up using rubber twist tie fasteners and carabiners to attach the cargo bag holder to a part of the car's metal frame that is accessible behind the plastic molding.

I also looked closer at the dividers that separated the last cargo organizer section into 4 small squares (which I had no use for, since I put my bottles into bags when grocery shopping). Fortunately, it has two inner panels attached by velcro so they can be detached. Now instead of 4 small squares in that last square section, I have two narrower rectangles, which fit my smaller cloth grocery bags.

Edited by Red