2014 C-Max deliveries

Since a lot of the posts related to this have been buried in other generic topics, who out there is expecting to take delivery of a 2014 C-Max in the near future?

My SEL 302A - Blue Candy (options: panoramic roof and remote start) is scheduled to arrive at the dealer by March 21 (ordered November 12).  More than 4 months... finally in the home stretch!

Since a lot of the posts related to this have been buried in other generic topics, who out there is expecting to take delivery of a 2014 C-Max in the near future?

My SEL 302A - Blue Candy (options: panoramic roof and remote start) is scheduled to arrive at the dealer by March 21 (ordered November 12).  More than 4 months... finally in the home stretch!

I am living in the GTA area and my NGR arrived this past Tuesday and going to take delivery next week!  Ordered in late Sept last year.. 6 months wait is finally over!

I hope that you guys who are on the verge of taking delivery of your 2014's will find the time to post some glamour shots when you get them. Otherwise we pretty much have to take your word for it, and that's no fun.

Hey S70.. what's an NGR, and was there a reason given for why it took so long to build and deliver?

Edited by maxed-out

Took delivery of my 2014 C-Max SEL today.   A long wait (4.5 months) but so worth it.  Many thanks to all that have posted tips & tricks on this vehicle around the forum; particularly with regard to getting the best mileage.  I am already getting 47 mpg easily on a 20 mile trip and it is only the first day so I know it should improve from there as I practice my technique.

post-1618-0-99608000-1396493897_thumb.jpg

My c-max shipped from Michigan on March 18th. It is now two full weeks later and my Ford dealership does not have it. What is crazy is they have no idea when it will arrive. UPS and Fedex can track packages to the day they will be delivered but Ford has no way to let a dealership know delivery day or even a ballpark. They do not even know where the car is right now. I am excited about getting the car but the wait is killing me. My wife and I hoped to take this car on a trip from upstate NY to South Carolina next Friday and that might not happen

The Compliance Recall 14C03 seems to apply only to C-Max's built on or before May 28th, 2013, so based on that there should be no delay in receiving any ordered 2014 model because of this. HendersonD.. your dealer was likely in error when they implied it would affect your delivery. They'll have to come up with a better excuse than that next time.

Edited by maxed-out

I was told that my car should arrive in the next day or two. I did open a case with Ford last week and they told me it was a rail car shortage. I mentioned that my dealer was told it was a stop ship. The Ford rep I talked to did not want to answer my question at all about whether there was a stop ship or not. The lack of information that flows from Ford to the dealer to their customers when a car is ordered is frustrating.

I had a delay in getting my car manufactured, no information why

My car shipped and then had a stop ship, no information why, no information on when it might be delivered

I was told that my car should arrive in the next day or two. I did open a case with Ford last week and they told me it was a rail car shortage. I mentioned that my dealer was told it was a stop ship. The Ford rep I talked to did not want to answer my question at all about whether there was a stop ship or not. The lack of information that flows from Ford to the dealer to their customers when a car is ordered is frustrating.

I had a delay in getting my car manufactured, no information why

My car shipped and then had a stop ship, no information why, no information on when it might be delivered

I completely agree, there is a serious lack of communication from Ford to the dealer.  My sales rep made every possible effort to give me every bit of information he could get regarding delivery of my 2014 C-Max.  Within the same minute he received any information from Ford, I had an e-mail in my inbox detailing that information and apologizing that there wasn't more.

There is no excuse in this day and age as to why I waited 3 months from date of order before receiving a build date.  If there was indeed no plan to build the vehicle for that long, there is no reason that Ford could not have reached out to me directly with a letter or something, at the very least apologizing for the delay.  It's not as if they didn't know they had the order.

I absolutely love this car, and I will give my dealership top marks across the board on the satistaction survey because everyone there did their best to keep me informed and smooth the bumps along the way.  However I am not impressed with Ford's customer service as a manufacturer so far.  If Domino's pizza can create the pizza tracker page where you can watch your $10 pizza go through the process from prep, to baking, boxing, and on the road to your door DOWN TO THE MINUTE, then why can Ford not provide even a rough delivery date for a $35 000 vehicle (not even within a month's accuracy) at time of purchase?  <end of rant>

All good points, Ryan and HD. You deserve better. Does Ashley still monitor this website? Maybe she can send word of this problem back to the "Ivory Towers" in Dearborn.

If memory serves, GM at one point (pre-bankruptcy), tried to make it so that customers who had ordered vehicles could watch those vehicles come down the assembly line while being built. I don't know for sure, but I think the whole thing just basically blew-up in their face when it became so problematic to actually accomplish.

I am picking up my vehicle today, cannot wait.

Ashley has been very responsive when I sent her a message. At her end she could not see any stop ship so I am left wondering. I am not looking for tracking history like UPS and Fedex provide but you are right, on a $30,000+ purchase Ford can do better