Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

My C-Max is at ramp 44 in Woodhaven, Mi and from reading on google that Dec.3rd delivery date could be accurate or it may not be as the rail cars sit there until they have a full load. And who knows how many C-Max's are needed for a full load to Canada since I haven't seen one on the road yet in the Vancouver area.

Scooter we went into the dealership today because we heard they had a C-Max (first one they had sold) and we wanted to take another look since it was Oct.5th that we test drove and ordered. Both of us we surprised at how big the C-Max was as we remembered it being smaller. Funny how things are different from what you think you remember. When I walked up to it, I thought "this can't be the C-Max as it is so big". I had to go the rear of the car and look for the decal to make sure. We sat in it and fooled with gadgets etc. for nearly an hour. Got to see the ambient lighting that I didn't see before, saw the little sun glasses bin that I hadn't noticed before, loved the panoramic roof and the filtered light coming through the sun screen, loved the huge windshield again and the taller seats and wider doorways. The dealer said that once we hear that that our car is loaded on a train we can expect it here about 10-12 days later. He was unsure how long it would sit in the big parking lot Woodhaven before being put on a train. So the wait continues.

Model: C-Max Hybrid SEL

Date Ordered: 10/03/2012

Promised Delivery time: 60 - 90 days

VIN Available: 11/15/12

Window Sticker Available: TBD

Scheduled Build Date: week of 12/10/12

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: AK

Originally ordered an SE with the 203a accessory and winter package, but the dealer took more than three weeks to let me know the order was going no place because they needed extra paperwork to go through the Retail Verification Program. Order replaced on 11/1/2012 at which time I upgraded to the SEL, Ice Storm, Medium Stone, with 302a package. Last week VIN was shown on the SE with a build date for the week of 11/26, SEL unscheduled clean. This week the SE was deleted and the VIN and build date put on the SEL. With the delay I am impatiently waiting and a little disappointed in the December build which they said would be a priority order, as now it is unlikely to be shipped cross-country and up to Alaska before the end of the year.

I drove both the Prius Three and the C-Max and the C-Max felt like a much better car and fit. The nearly flat back window, spoiler, and tinted vertical window really restricts the rear visibility on the Prius and the C-Max has a nicer interior. I can live without the leather but decided the upgrade to SEL was worthwhile with the extra features not available on the SE. Ordered the car because no dealer up here had more than one C-Max on order and it would have been $1600 more to buy in Seattle and ship to Anchorage.

Edited by donhak

Date Ordered: 10/03/2012

Promised Delivery time: 60 - 90 days

VIN Available: 11/15/12

Window Sticker Available: TBD

Scheduled Build Date: week of 12/10/12

State: AK

Originally ordered an SE with the 203a accessory and winter package, but the dealer took more than three weeks to let me know the order was going no place because they needed extra paperwork to go through the Retail Verification Program

Yeah thats the same thing that happened to me. My *new* eta moved from the 11/15 to 11/26

at which time I upgraded to the SEL, Ice Storm, Medium Stone, with 302a package.

donhak- We're getting the exact colors/configuration that you've chosen, coming pretty much to the other side of the country. One of the features of the SEL I'm most looking forward to is the Intelligent access key; I imagine you'll appreciate not having to stop to dig your key out even more in Anchorage than I do in Virginia.

Edited by different drummer

RMS that is great news. Mine was builit one week before yours on 11/8, but cyberdman on the Blue Oval said this for me: In Transit - Received - Driver (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 44, Woodhaven, MI Nov-14-2012, 11:59 ET.

ETA Dec-03-2012.

I haven't asked my salesman for an update, but he had originally said Nov. 26th for the ETA. I'm not sure what it means when one goes to ramp 44 versus ramp 4G. My salesman said once they received a message that it was on a train then it would be 10-12 days. Mine isn't on a train yet so I am thinking Dec.3rd is probably more accurate for me. I wish I understood what happens at these ramps.

RMS13 thanks. I will email our salesman tomorrow. I always feel like a pest asking him to check so I tend not to bother. I know the only person at the dealership with computer access for tracking is the manager so they all have to go through him.

You are paying good money for your car, don't feel bad asking them to check on it for you.

donhak- We're getting the exact colors/configuration that you've chosen, coming pretty much to the other side of the country. One of the features of the SEL I'm most looking forward to is the Intelligent access key; I imagine you'll appreciate not having to stop to dig your key out even more in Anchorage than I do in Virginia.

different drummer - I agree. The color combination is what I wanted from early on. There are too many grays and whites around here, and I prefer a light interior to black. Ford's documentation initially was poor in pointing out the differences between the SE and SEL packages and most dealers are not familiar with the cars yet either. The SE offers the power lift gate but not true hands free, just like the navigation package on the SE has the eight inch screen but not the rear camera. The little things added up, and I decided the cost for the SEL was worthwhile with the 302a. It will be a huge step up in technology from my 2003 Saturn which has been a good car.

Edited by donhak

Tracking the Railcar!

Hey: If you get the actual railcar number, I found this way to track the shipment:

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=13007

I tried it on one of the cars that had a rail number posted on a CSX shipment. It worked!

My car was supposedly "born" today. I doubt that I will have a railcar number for a week or so. If anyone else gets a rail number, please try this and let us know!

We're getting closer........

Date Ordered: Saturday, 10/20/12

Promised Delivery time: 6 to 8 Weeks

VIN Available: 11/5/12

Window Sticker Available: 11/13/12

Scheduled Build Date: 11/19/12

Actual Build Date: 11/19/12

Released from Factory for Shipping: 11/21/12

Estimated Delvery Date: 12/03/12

State: TX

With the long holiday weekend, I'll believe that the projedted delivery date is a good one, after I pick up the car!

Ordered Model: SEL, 302A, Panoramic Roof, Ruby Red Exterior, Stone Leather Interior

Order Date 10-15

Original Build Date 11-12

Altered Order Date 10-29 Change color from Ice Storm to Ruby Red

Order Sent to Plant 11-8

Window Sticker available online 11-9

Altered Build Date 11-14 Actual 11-15

ETA-Delivery Date 11-26 Updated 12-1

Location Chester,VA

Scooter it sounds like it could happen on Dec.3rd. That is the same date that cyberdman gave me on my last update. Dealership said Nov.26th about 3 weeks ago and they haven't responded to my email for an update so far. So maybe we will be getting our cars the same day! The time is dragging. Fingers crossed that we don't have any battery issues.

Sorry Laurel !:

Looks like Cyberdman took a day off. When he gets back next week, you should be able to get another update. If that one has the railcar information on it, you should be able to track it closely from the link I posted the other day.

If my car gets stuck in Detroit over the long weekend, I doubt that it will make it here on 12/3. If it gets out of the barn today, there may be some hope. Interestingly enough, my salesman is "no longer with the dealership." I'm working with the Sales Manager now. I'm glad that I got the deal in writing! However, I'll be happier when it is all done.

I'm trying to remember if you celebrate Thanksgiving up there. Soooo.... Happy Holiday or Happy Weekend!

Edited by ScooterS

Scooter my fingers are crossed for you. My sales person may email me tomorrow with an update--they are kind of slow there with this sort of request. We celebrate Thanksgiving about an month earlier than you do in the States. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your feast and your family. All of our radio ads are trying to discourage Canadians from driving into the States to shop on Black Friday i.e. trying to keep the money at home. I live about 3 miles from the US Border and I guarantee you there will be 3 hour long lineups on Friday--no one wants to miss a bargain.

Scooter I got an answer from my salesman. He said they got an update saying delivery will be Dec.3rd. He said that doesn't mean much as it could come in earlier. I asked about the railway car number and he had never heard of that, but said he would check and email me if he finds it. I asked him about some of the problems that forum members have been having and he said they had heard nothing of any problems and that the Fusion Hybrid has been remarkable free of issues so he isn't too worried. In general he was pretty vague when I talked about the dead battery problems and the car not going into reverse. i.e. no reports of problems.

He also said deliveries to Canada were slow as they are behind in production. So that explains why there are none around this area. However I did see my first C-Max tv ad yesterday at prime time and it was from Ford Canada.

Edited by Laurel

Scooter my salesman just sent me a transit sheet for my C-Max, but nothing with a rail car number. Today it is in Minot, North Dakota. I'm not sure what route Burlington Northern takes to get to Vancouver, BC, but it seems to take a day or two to cross each state so Dec.3 seems about right for ETA.

I found the rail car number in that transit report. What fun I am having now tracking my car LOL. It just left Havre, Montana. Not sure whether it will head up to Alberta or go through Washington state, but will check in a couple of hours and likely will have the answer. How cool is this Scooter! Thanks for posting the site.

Edited by Laurel

Scooter my C-Max is on the slow train!  Just checked and it is in Troy, Montana.  So it took 12 hours to go 364 miles so I am thinking Dec.3 will be the delivery date.

Now in Cocalla, Idaho and that 66 miles took 3 hours.

Now in Odessa, Washington (another 60 miles or so) and another 3 or 4 hours.  My goodness the train goes slowly.

Edited by Laurel