Order to Delivery Time Thread

ScooterS

This could be an advantage...... The "new month" of December for car companies usually starts right after the first weekend of the month. I'm not sure how Ford does it, but I think that they may go through 12/3 as November business. The US rebate is $1000, just like the Escape was when it first came out. The current rebate is good through 1/2/13 it might go up a bit, like the Escape did a few months after it was introduced.... All a roll of the dice!

Rachel congratulations to you and your dad! Mid-December doesn't sound too bad for delivery time. We will have twin cars--mine is SEL Ice Storm, stone interior and loaded too. Yes it is like waiting for Santa for sure. I have to stop myself from checking the railway site too often--no point really other than once a day as it is crawling every so slowly to western Canada. I have been cancelling appts around Dec. 3rd as I want to be free to race to the dealership when TIP is ready to come home.

Neat! Twins! I am so excited to finally have it on order. The holidays will keep me busy and make the time pass faster - I hope! Dad was kind enough to let me get mine first. The dealer was ordering cars so they ordered what I wanted. I dunno why dad has to wait longer. I was telling him about tracking them online. He wants me to track him too lol. Silly man. We talked about the accident that happened yesterday. The ones who died were in a suburban. My sis piped in with "your little car...". Uhm my little car has a safety rating of 5. Hers is a 3. Dad said when it's your time it's your time. Dad did the safety and specs research of the car. I did the hybrid part and the packages research. We are very pleased and excited with our choice.

I frequent the cmax Facebook page but it's nothing like this. Lots of drive bys and people putting down the car. I have learned so much from reading here. Love to see everyone sharing in the excitement of getting cars and helping figure out problems. My Hunny was impressed with my knowledge of the clay bar and waxing. He joked he would get me a waxing kit for cmas.

I frequent the cmax Facebook page but it's nothing like this. Lots of drive bys and people putting down the car. I have learned so much from reading here. Love to see everyone sharing in the excitement of getting cars and helping figure out problems. My Hunny was impressed with my knowledge of the clay bar and waxing. He joked he would get me a waxing kit for cmas.

All of my "smart" replies to that one will get me in trouble! ...... end post.

Yes you did Rachel LOL. Tip is creeping along and now is just west of Spokane. Rachel I can't remember, but did you ever see the Ice Storm colour in person? Or are we both taking a leap of faith and choosing from the internet? I saw a Frosted Glass last week and didn't really like it much--too blue for me.

I ordered a Red with stone interior SEL with 302a on 9/21. It was built on 10/31 and I received it on 11/17.

I ordered a Red with stone interior SEL with 302a on 9/21. It was built on 10/31 and I received it on 11/17.

I think the red with stone interior would be lovely. How are you liking driving the C-Max? Your delivery time sounds not bad. I just read that Canadian dealers are facing a scarcity of C-Max's.

We like it a lot. I never had a car with so many bells and whistles. I am getting used to all of the specialized menus. There is a lot of info available. I find the Sync system very interesting, but frustrating to speak the way it is expecting you to speak. That is a minor complaint, however. We love it. The MPG is going up every day is just about 39.5 right now. We have about 260 miles on it.

We like it a lot. I never had a car with so many bells and whistles. I am getting used to all of the specialized menus. There is a lot of info available. I find the Sync system very interesting, but frustrating to speak the way it is expecting you to speak. That is a minor complaint, however. We love it. The MPG is going up every day is just about 39.5 right now. We have about 260 miles on it.

Glad to hear your are liking it. Our salesperson says he will give us some Sync/MFT lessons which we will need. My first new car was my Smart Car which I liked a lot, but in the end it was too small for us. So the C-Max will actually be my first "loaded" car. Your mileage is good!

My factory order was making steady but slow progress via CN Rail on her way to Vancouver, BC until last night. She was in Interbay, WA and then all of sudden went south to Kent, WA. She has been sitting there for 24 hours. Not sure what that is about? Prior to this hiccup, she was moving steadily at about 30 MPH. My ETA is Dec.3rd so maybe they know that the routine includes sitting in certain rail yards for extended periods of time. When she got to Interbay, I thought yipee as it would only be another 150 or so miles to Vancouver so I thought she might be mine by the weekend. Not looking that way now.

My factory order was making steady but slow progress via CN Rail on her way to Vancouver, BC until last night. She was in Interbay, WA and then all of sudden went south to Kent, WA. She has been sitting there for 24 hours. Not sure what that is about? Prior to this hiccup, she was moving steadily at about 30 MPH. My ETA is Dec.3rd so maybe they know that the routine includes sitting in certain rail yards for extended periods of time. When she got to Interbay, I thought yipee as it would only be another 150 or so miles to Vancouver so I thought she might be mine by the weekend. Not looking that way now.

Will Customs be a delay?

I have sent an email to my salesman asking what this message means "placed at customer location Kent, Washington Nov.25th". Kent, Washington is about 226 kilometers from the dealership and is in the States not Canada. Hopefully he will email me later. I wonder if they sent it to the wrong place?

I have sent an email to my salesman asking what this message means "placed at customer location Kent, Washington Nov.25th". Kent, Washington is about 226 kilometers from the dealership and is in the States not Canada. Hopefully he will email me later. I wonder if they sent it to the wrong place?

According to rail company it was probably placed at their customers location. They then have to truck it from there to your dealership. All guesses on my part.

I haven't heard back from my salesman, but I phoned the trace number again and now the message is "bad ordered, Nov.26th, Kent, Washington". I googled "bad order" on CN Rail and it means a mechanically defective or damaged rail car! Sheesh I hope my C-Max is okay and not squashed by a fork lift or something like that.