Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Opening the tailgate with a dead battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cowspotdog

Cowspotdog

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUSA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Blue Candy
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

I have checked the manual and online and couldn't find an answer. I am assuming there no way to manually open the liftback when the battery dies?  I store my jumper cables in the compartment in the back and have so much trouble getting them to when I can't open the lift gate. I have learned now and keep then under the front seat.....but seems odd there isn't a manual way to open the liftgate.

• Smiling Jack likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Smiling Jack

Smiling Jack

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 267 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • My C-MAX's Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:c-max energialso

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

and let's make that "under the FRONT OF THE FRONT seat."

Related question:  How can we lock the tailgete so that it can NOT be opened with the foot sensor or with the fob or with the handle touch or with the driver's area button. ; e.g. so that the parking lot attendant can not access the storage area behind the rear seat.  (Note: there is no lock on my glove compartment either)

#3 OFFLINE   anilruia

anilruia

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:Accord

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Smiling Jack, have not tried it but there is a valet mode, it probably disables those things.

#4 OFFLINE   Zathrus

Zathrus

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 74 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Cowspot... you are correct, liftback will not open with dead battery.  I know from experience...my base SE version (manual hatch...no kick opener), did not open when I experienced dead battery.

In addition, shifter will not disengage from park with dead battery. This prevents you from putting car in neutral to push car if tow truck access to front wheels is blocked. There is a very cumbersome procedure in owners manual (pgs 215-216) on how to disengage stuck shifter. Or, you can apply 12V via jumper cables and shifter will then move.

Edited by Zathrus, 25 March 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   jmckinley

jmckinley

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 279 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationSouth West Ohio
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:Oxford White
  • Current Vehicle:C Max SEL, Mazda Miata, Chrysler Town & Country MiniVan, Damon Daybreak MotorHome, Suzuki V Strom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

Procedure in Owner's Manual is wrong anyway.  If you pry off the cover on the passenger side like it says, there is nothing there.  Only way to disengage is to take off the bezel holding down the shift boot and reach in there and move a little white lever.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·