Horn Notification of Door Lock

Has anyone found a way to set notification of door locking. In urban areas with traffic noise in direct sunlight its difficult to tell if the doors lock on touch. Can't find this anywhere in the owners manual or in the vehicle settings? Every car I have ever owned with touch lock doors

allow you to set notification of successful door locks.

Edited by darrelld

Press the lock button a 2nd time within three seconds to confirm that all the doors

are closed. The doors will lock again, the horn will chirp and the turn

signals will illuminate if all the doors and the liftgate are closed.

Thanks, I saw that in the manual. What I am after is the ability to chirp the horn if you touch the outside handle lock sensor. If you don't touch the sensor correctly the vehicle will not lock. The only way to know you have touched it correctly is by some time of notification. In the case of the C-Max the parking lamps will flash and you can hear the locks engage if the ambient noise levels are not too high. In urban settings in with direct sun on your parking lamp covers its almost impossible to hear or see if your doors have successfully locked. I don't really want to pull my fob out of my pocket to lock the vehicle, this defeats the purpose of the keyless system.

Edited by darrelld

Now I understand what you are saying, how about using the power lock door switch on the inside of the door or try the door handle on the outside to make sure the door is locked (workarounds at best, hope for no accidental unlock) a horn chirp would be better not sure how without the keyhead transmitter thing, glad you brought this up !

• 4 months later...
Has anyone found a way to set notification of door locking. In urban areas with traffic noise in direct sunlight its difficult to tell if the doors lock on touch. Can't find this anywhere in the owners manual or in the vehicle settings? Every car I have ever owned with touch lock doors

allow you to set notification of successful door locks.

There is a way to tell whether or not your doors locked by touching the black square on the front seat door handles.  At first for the added security I was locking with the FOB and pushing the button twice so the horn would toot!  But I noticed something when pushing the black pad on the door handle.  I have poor hearing and if there is allot noise around me I don't always hear the clicking sound that is made when the doors lock electronically.  So here's the tip, when you push the black pad on the door handle, look through the front seat window and you will notice a small rectangular yellow light comes on next to the lock symbol on the center instrumentation cluster right below the volume knob for the audio system.  At first I was pushing the lock symbol trying to see what it did...and nothing would happen.  Give this a try if you haven't already found this to be true.  Cheers!

• 1 year later...

I have wondered why Ford didn't make the horn chirp on the second touch of the lock pad on the handle.  In south Texas we tint our windows and can't see inside in the bright sun so I usually check the back door to see if it has locked.  There is no unlock sensor on the back door so I don't inadvertently unlock the car again.

Pearcrl, a correction.  For those with/or thinking about getting Intelli (touch pad) Access; the back doors do have unlock sensors.  If we use the touch pad to lock (90% of the time), we just look at the outside mirror for the flashing light to know that it has locked (there are lights which flash there, as well as in the front and back of the vehicle), especially if we are around lots of noise where it might be difficult to hear the locking mechanism.  If you want to 'test the lock' with the handle, you can not place your hand into the cavity behind the handle - you have to carefully grab the handle top and bottom only and pull (not necessary if you have watched the light(s) &/or heard the mechanism).  :)  nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Now I understand what you are saying, how about using the power lock door switch on the inside of the door or try the door handle on the outside to make sure the door is locked (workarounds at best, hope for no accidental unlock) a horn chirp would be better not sure how without the keyhead transmitter thing, glad you brought this up !

I had a problem with using the switch on the inside of the doors because of my Intellegent Access key fob. Not having one before and always using the button on the inside of the door I did it the same way with the new car. But, the Intellegent Access sensed the key fob in my pocket as still being inside the car when I closed the door, so it unlocked them. I only realized this because I heard the click of the unlock right after closing the door. Had to scratch my head a bit (and ask my first question here) before the cause was figured out. So, I quit using the button on the inside of the door and haven't had this 'magic' unlocking happen since.

C-MaxSea is also right, I have taken to watching the mirror turn indicator to verify as it blinks when locking the door using the black touch sensor.

Edited by MichaelM