2014 tire Aero Dams available from FORD

Thanks Paul, good news maybe this means the rear window air deflectors are not far behind?  I'm not thinking too seriously about the tire dams since I wonder how affective they really are?  It's odd that the rears are not found on the database with the fronts.  Were you able to get a P/N for the tire dams?

Edited by mtb9153

Here are the LR# AV6Z 3811778A, RR# AV6Z 3811779 A  LF #  DM5Z 16A064A, RF #DM5Z 16A065 A and with 20% discount $173.98 Total. Not sure when they will show up, could be awhile. :)

Paul

Paul, would you mind pming me your dealer contact? I live on the other side of town, but have a good friend who works in Peachtree City, I could probably pay over the phone and he could pick the parts up for me. Thanks!

I looked at the front underside of MADMAX and I can tell it's going to take some work to install the air dams and probably going to need to see them installed on 2014 to figure it out. :)

Paul

Paul the 2014 I looked at in March or late February, it looked like there was a bolt holding it from the front on both the front and rear air dam.  I'm sure there was more to it than that but that's all I can remember.

I figured out to easily post pics from my IPhone, YA! The unit has three bolt holes and three slide snaps which don't seem to line up with anything. I need to see one installed to see what to do. :) post-143-0-79261200-1397141676_thumb.jpgpost-143-0-40694700-1397141693_thumb.jpg The air dams have the bottom is hard plastic (Bolt Holes) and the rest is soft plastic.

Paul

Edited by ptjones

One solution would be to buy the plastic piece that is in front of the shield and I'm going to check that out too. I think DM5Z-17A792 about $130. BTW I had to change the part#s for the fronts which I have already changed. I looked at the bags they came in and they had different #s. I went and took pics 2014, it looks they changed the pieces that the air dams fasten to in front and on the sides for the rear air dams. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones

One solution would be to buy the plastic piece that is in front of the shield and I'm going to check that out too. I think DM5Z-17A792 about $130. BTW I had to change the part#s for the fronts which I have already changed. I looked at the bags they came in and they had different #s. I went and took pics 2014, it looks they changed the pieces that the air dams fasten to in front and on the sides for the rear air dams. :)

Paul

Good reporting Paul thanks for the info.  Again I'm still unsure whether I will get these?  Have you decided?  With me seeming to always drive up and over curbs in parking lots, those bumps would be surely damaging in no time.  I always seem to cut too short when going around curbs in parking lots have really dinged my wheels too.  I don't know what's up with my depth perception lately?  I also put a dent in my left front fender while driving through a drive through window at McDonalds recently, really pissed me off.  They put this dang pole right next to the pickup window so you wouldn't hit the building and it sticks out to much to allow for grabbing your food.  I also backed into a car in a parking lot and pushed in the right rear fender where the bumper meets the fender.  I think I should quit driving?

Edited by mtb9153

Good reporting Paul thanks for the info.  Again I'm still unsure whether I will get these?  Have you decided?  With me seeming to always drive up and over curbs in parking lots, those bumps would be surely damaging in no time.  I always seem to cut too short when going around curbs in parking lots have really dinged my wheels too.  I don't know what's up with my depth perception lately?  I also put a dent in my left front fender while driving through a drive through window at McDonalds recently, really pissed me off.  They put this dang pole right next to the pickup window so you wouldn't hit the building and it sticks out to much to allow for grabbing your food.  I also backed into a car in a parking lot and pushed in the right rear fender where the bumper meets the fender.  I think I should quit driving?

I think they (FORD) should offer an option for air bag or  foam bumpers so you don't ding up you car.LOL

I'm not sure whether these do much but FORD put air dams on the 2014's so I thought I would try them out. I already have the front ones. You can smash these and they should bounce back with no problems. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones

Well, keep driving, but we are coming to SF again this Summer - nothing personal, but I think we should try not to be in your area when you are on the road LOL!

Well, keep driving, but we are coming to SF again this Summer - nothing personal, but I think we should try not to be in your area when you are on the road LOL!

Are you going to call Mike to find out where he is when you get to SF. LOL Sorry Mike I couldn't help myself. I want everyone to know Mike is a very nice guy having met him. :)

Paul

Are you going to call Mike to find out where he is when you get to SF. LOL Sorry Mike I couldn't help myself. I want everyone to know Mike is a very nice guy having met him. :)

Paul

Paul I think he plans to steer clear of me since he feels I might run into him LOL ;)

Paul I think he plans to steer clear of me since he feels I might run into him LOL ;)

I know. LOL I think he want to know where you are to make sure you don't bump into him. LOL :)  I'm going to try to better pics of 2014 air dams by putting mirror under car to get wider veiw.

Paul

Paul, is it possible that Ford created a new undertray for the 2014, and the air dams have attachment points in that new undertray? If I'm correctly envisioning what you've been describing about the air dam mounting points (and no visible corresponding place on your car), perhaps a revised 2014 undertray might explain it?

Paul, is it possible that Ford created a new undertray for the 2014, and the air dams have attachment points in that new undertray? If I'm correctly envisioning what you've been describing about the air dam mounting points (and no visible corresponding place on your car), perhaps a revised 2014 undertray might explain it?

62Lincoln you are right they look different but FORD has the same part#s in their catalog. I'm thinking of mounting with the three holes and cutting off the three clips. Or I could drill and cut slots for the clips to go in. :) 

Paul

IMG_0903_zpse9f4e9d7.jpg

Above is not the best picture of the air dams but it does look like there are two tabs on the side which mount it to the under car tray? Also a mounting bolt on the front if I remember correctly when I took this picture on a local 2014.  Doesn't quite show in this picture.

Edited by mtb9153

My Dealer still hasn't been able to find the part #s for rear air dams, thinking finding a Dealer that actually has 2014 CMAX's to see if they can figure it out. :detective:

Paul

Paul Frontier Ford here in town has 2 2014's and 14 2013's and nothing on file in their parts database for either the air dams or the rear window deflectors.

Paul Frontier Ford here in town has 2 2014's and 14 2013's and nothing on file in their parts database for either the air dams or the rear window deflectors.

I had the same experience with my local dealer - the Ford database did not show any part numbers. I asked one of our Ford contacts in the other section for help, but they really had nothing to add. I'm really interested in these improvements (including the hood gasket) but for whatever reason, Ford seems to be guarding the info as though it were a state secret.

Edited by 62Lincoln