Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

2014 tire Aero Dams available from FORD

tireaero Dams 2014

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,186 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

The Front air dams Deflectors are #DM5Z-16B074-A,#DM5Z-16B075-A. The rears Deflectors are DM5Z-5811398-A, DM5Z-5811398-B and all go for about $35ea :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 06 December 2014 - 05:45 PM.

• obob likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• 1,527 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Thanks Paul, good news maybe this means the rear window air deflectors are not far behind?  I'm not thinking too seriously about the tire dams since I wonder how affective they really are?  It's odd that the rears are not found on the database with the fronts.  Were you able to get a P/N for the tire dams?

Edited by mtb9153, 31 March 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 83 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

My Dealer's Parts Dept found 2014 front Tire Dams for $35 ea but not the back ones yet. :)

Paul

Aw c'mon, give us the part numbers! :)   That's great news, hopefully (along with part numbers) the other parts/numbers will start dribbling out from Ford.

#4 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

Here are the LR# wrong#, RR# wrong #  LF #  DM5Z 16B075-A, RF #DM5Z 16B074-A . Not sure when they will show up, could be awhile. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 06 December 2014 - 06:29 PM.

• obob likes this

#5 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,527 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

Great work Paul and thanks, now the question remains how much bang will the $173.98 bring to better MPG?  I love to see the data Ford must have on their design behind these.  Oh well not for prying eyes...

Edited by mtb9153, 31 March 2014 - 11:42 PM.

• jhritz likes this

#6 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Here are the LR# AV6Z 3811778A, RR# AV6Z 3811779 A  LF #  DM5Z 16A064A, RF #DM5Z 16A065 A and with 20% discount $173.98 Total. Not sure when they will show up, could be awhile. :)

Paul

Paul, would you mind pming me your dealer contact? I live on the other side of town, but have a good friend who works in Peachtree City, I could probably pay over the phone and he could pick the parts up for me. Thanks!

#7 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

Got Front Air Dams today, but the Part #s for rears were wrong so we email FORD to find out what the right #s are. :)

Paul

#8 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

I looked at the front underside of MADMAX and I can tell it's going to take some work to install the air dams and probably going to need to see them installed on 2014 to figure it out. :)

Paul

#9 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,527 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

I looked at the front underside of MADMAX and I can tell it's going to take some work to install the air dams and probably going to need to see them installed on 2014 to figure it out. :)

Paul

Paul the 2014 I looked at in March or late February, it looked like there was a bolt holding it from the front on both the front and rear air dam.  I'm sure there was more to it than that but that's all I can remember.

#10 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

I figured out to easily post pics from my IPhone, YA! The unit has three bolt holes and three slide snaps which don't seem to line up with anything. I need to see one installed to see what to do. :) Attached File  photo 1.JPG   38KB   17 downloadsAttached File  photo 2.JPG   34.41KB   12 downloads The air dams have the bottom is hard plastic (Bolt Holes) and the rest is soft plastic.

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 10 April 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,327 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Anyone check the p/n of the shield these attach through? It would not be unreasonable for Ford to develop a new shield that fits the old car but accepts these things.

just a thought...

Frank

• ptjones likes this

#12 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

One solution would be to buy the plastic piece that is in front of the shield and I'm going to check that out too. I think DM5Z-17A792 about $130. BTW I had to change the part#s for the fronts which I have already changed. I looked at the bags they came in and they had different #s. I went and took pics 2014, it looks they changed the pieces that the air dams fasten to in front and on the sides for the rear air dams. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 10 April 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,527 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

One solution would be to buy the plastic piece that is in front of the shield and I'm going to check that out too. I think DM5Z-17A792 about $130. BTW I had to change the part#s for the fronts which I have already changed. I looked at the bags they came in and they had different #s. I went and took pics 2014, it looks they changed the pieces that the air dams fasten to in front and on the sides for the rear air dams. :)

Paul

Good reporting Paul thanks for the info.  Again I'm still unsure whether I will get these?  Have you decided?  With me seeming to always drive up and over curbs in parking lots, those bumps would be surely damaging in no time.  I always seem to cut too short when going around curbs in parking lots have really dinged my wheels too.  I don't know what's up with my depth perception lately?  I also put a dent in my left front fender while driving through a drive through window at McDonalds recently, really pissed me off.  They put this dang pole right next to the pickup window so you wouldn't hit the building and it sticks out to much to allow for grabbing your food.  I also backed into a car in a parking lot and pushed in the right rear fender where the bumper meets the fender.  I think I should quit driving?

Edited by mtb9153, 10 April 2014 - 05:35 PM.

• ptjones and BIG ROCCO like this

#14 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Good reporting Paul thanks for the info.  Again I'm still unsure whether I will get these?  Have you decided?  With me seeming to always drive up and over curbs in parking lots, those bumps would be surely damaging in no time.  I always seem to cut too short when going around curbs in parking lots have really dinged my wheels too.  I don't know what's up with my depth perception lately?  I also put a dent in my left front fender while driving through a drive through window at McDonalds recently, really pissed me off.  They put this dang pole right next to the pickup window so you wouldn't hit the building and it sticks out to much to allow for grabbing your food.  I also backed into a car in a parking lot and pushed in the right rear fender where the bumper meets the fender.  I think I should quit driving?

I think they (FORD) should offer an option for air bag or  foam bumpers so you don't ding up you car.LOL

I'm not sure whether these do much but FORD put air dams on the 2014's so I thought I would try them out. I already have the front ones. You can smash these and they should bounce back with no problems. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 10 April 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   BIG ROCCO

BIG ROCCO

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPHOENIX, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Well, keep driving, but we are coming to SF again this Summer - nothing personal, but I think we should try not to be in your area when you are on the road LOL!

• ScubaDadMiami likes this

#16 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,327 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

...dent in my left front fender ...pushed in the right rear fender... I think I should quit driving?

No, don't quit driving; aim better...

Try to hit things using the soft parts front and rear; they won't stay dented!

HAve fun,

Frnak

• ptjones likes this

#17 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Well, keep driving, but we are coming to SF again this Summer - nothing personal, but I think we should try not to be in your area when you are on the road LOL!

Are you going to call Mike to find out where he is when you get to SF. LOL Sorry Mike I couldn't help myself. I want everyone to know Mike is a very nice guy having met him. :)

Paul

#18 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

• 1,527 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

Are you going to call Mike to find out where he is when you get to SF. LOL Sorry Mike I couldn't help myself. I want everyone to know Mike is a very nice guy having met him. :)

Paul

Paul I think he plans to steer clear of me since he feels I might run into him LOL ;)

#19 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,186 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

Paul I think he plans to steer clear of me since he feels I might run into him LOL ;)

I know. LOL I think he want to know where you are to make sure you don't bump into him. LOL :)  I'm going to try to better pics of 2014 air dams by putting mirror under car to get wider veiw.

Paul

#20 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Paul, is it possible that Ford created a new undertray for the 2014, and the air dams have attachment points in that new undertray? If I'm correctly envisioning what you've been describing about the air dam mounting points (and no visible corresponding place on your car), perhaps a revised 2014 undertray might explain it?

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tireaero, Dams, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·