2014 tire Aero Dams available from FORD

I didn't think  to take a pic, go back to dealer tomorrow and do it. The number is 11398A and B. :)

Paul

I can find it on the website (it's shown in the rocker panel illustration), but that number doesn't allow me to find it in part number search, so I'm kind of assuming there must be a bigger parts number. Thanks again for all your detective work.

Well my dealer got the passenger side rear air dam, but not the drivers side. ;)  It is the right part so hopefully they will get the other one next week. :yahoo:

Paul

FYI, got an email from the dealer saying that part DM5Z5811398A is backordered until 12/1. That probably corresponds to the side you didn't receive.

Well my dealer got the passenger side rear air dam, but not the drivers side. ;)  It is the right part so hopefully they will get the other one next week. :yahoo:

Paul

FYI, got an email from the dealer saying that part DM5Z5811398A is backordered until 12/1. That probably corresponds to the side you didn't receive.

Maybe I should go ahead and get the one they have then. Here are the Pics:

Rear passenger side air deflector

Rear passenger side air deflector

Rear passenger side air deflector bag Part#

:)  Paul

• 4 weeks later...

It turns out if your car doesn't have the Rocker Panel with holes already in it you will need to remove it to install Rear Air Dams. You will to remove three plastic push rivets first from bottom of Rocker Panel with blade screwdriver. Pretty easy to do. Second pop out plastic snap fasteners starting from back of Rocker Panel with large long blade screwdriver. You can see white fasteners in Rocker Panel below.

rocker panel

Next you need to clean Rocker Panel water and brush. Put masking tape on bottom of rocker panel and mark where slots will need to be made using Air Dam as pattern. Tools required to do the job are also shown, Drill with 1/8" bit, small file, small saw and felt marker. See Pic below.

rocker panel and tools

Pictures with Rear Air Dam pins facing up and Air Dam installed in Rocker Panel with Air Dam pins thru Rocker Panel.

Rear Air Dam

Rear Air Dam installed

Rear Air Dam installed from the outside of Rocker Panel

Rear Air Dam installed in Rocker Panel

You will need to drill a 5/16 hole for the hole in the front corner of Rear Air Dam thru Rocker Panel for AutoZone DORMAN 5/16 Nylon Rivet to fasten them together.  Below is Pic with Rocker Panel snapped on starting from the front and working back. Then reinstalling 2 FORD plastic rivets on the bottom plus There is also a slotted hole that needs DORMAN 5/16 Nylon Rivet #799-100 to go thru Rear Air Dam, Rocker Panel and into bottom of car. Job should take about 1/2 hour. :)  Oh BTW I gained 5MPG LOL. :lol: :lol2: :shift:

Paul

Rear Air Dam

Nice work Paul. I took a quick cursory glance under my car, and at first glance it appears (unlike the front deflectors) that I don't have the predrilled slots either. Not really excited about having to do all the work, so will hopefully look more closely this weekend at the sill covers and see if I luck out and have the predrilled holes/slots.

Edited by 62Lincoln

Nice work Paul. I took a quick cursory glance under my car, and at first glance it appears (unlike the front deflectors) that I don't have the predrilled slots either. Not really excited about having to do all the work, so will hopefully look more closely this weekend at the sill covers and see if I luck out and have the predrilled holes/slots.

Let me know if you need any help, after figuring out how to do it, it wasn't that big of a job. :)

Paul

Did you get & do the front deflectors too Paul? Also, what was the cost of the parts for rear ones again? (I think it was $35 for the front ones total yeah?)

Jus recap the parts & price for the readers...please :)

Great job dude, thanks for the explanation...but as this thread is 6 pages long and you own the thread _ I might suggest you update your Post #1 for easier access and then I'll PIN this thread to the top of the forum section.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 3 months later...

Paul, an update that I finally installed the rear deflectors. I decided to not modify my current rocker panels, and instead ordered new rocker trim that has the precut holes for the deflectors. The part numbers for the new rocker panel trim are:

Part Number: AM5Z5810176B         rocker molding rear Right

Part Number: AM5Z5810177B         rocker molding rear Left

The new panels have all the mounting holes precut for the deflectors, making the install straightforward. Thank you for the DORMAN plastic rivet part number, that made the install much more straightforward! 

Now if I can only figure out the correct part number for the upgraded hood gasket, and whether or not there is any way to add the deflectors to the sides of our rear hatch glass!  :)

Edited by 62Lincoln