2014 tire Aero Dams available from FORD

I had the same experience with my local dealer - the Ford database did not show any part numbers. I asked one of our Ford contacts in the other section for help, but they really had nothing to add. I'm really interested in these improvements (including the hood gasket) but for whatever reason, Ford seems to be guarding the info as though it were a state secret.

I think they just haven't updated their data base yet. Sandy Springs Ford had a bunch of CMAX's and they specialize in Hybrids, I wonder If we could get them to find out? Also it looks like you can asks questions on FORDPARTS, need to try that. :)

Paul

• 1 month later...

+1

Some would say I wasted Fathers' Day and $20+ making an air dam from scratch yesterday... I think I spent $4/hour on entertainment, and got something worthwhile out of the bargain. That's one reason it's taken me until June to get this made... it's a hobby so lots of other things come first.

As Randy Quaid once said, "Payback's a bitch, ain't it?" so I include the cost up-front. That way, any actual benefit is pure profit, even if the benefit is so small there's no winnings to count!  But the car sure seemed to roll nice this morning... same 55mpg, but I'd swear I was going faster whole time!

HAve fun,

Frank

Holy smokes........."Front Fender to Cowl Deflector".  Finally found them.  $70 isn't going to break the bank if it turns out they are superfluous.

Trouble is, both left and right parts seem to have the same part number 16B074.  I'm just going to order them through my local Ford.  Aluminum pop rivets or those autozone plastic things should work nicely.

Holy smokes........."Front Fender to Cowl Deflector".  Finally found them.  $70 isn't going to break the bank if it turns out they are superfluous.

Trouble is, both left and right parts seem to have the same part number 16B074.  I'm just going to order them through my local Ford.  Aluminum pop rivets or those autozone plastic things should work nicely.

Here are the numbers off the bags. DM5Z-16B075-A, DM5Z-16B074-A :)

Paul

Adrian_L front fender to cowl deflector?  The cowl at least in my mind is located at the base of the front windshield, like where the wiper blades are stored when not in use.  I was referring the the rear window air deflectors on either side of the rear glass.  That is what I was saying I want and I believe Paul does too?

I could put a spoiler across the two air dams. I'm going to work on that now. :)

Paul

Paul, I was thinking of that very same approach located between the two air dams.  That way the dam across the front would be inline and hanging down no lower than the two air dams.  So if anything will hit a curb or parking stop or steep driveway entrance the whole thing would hit as well.  LMK if you see any improvement with them, I might have to order a pair.

Okay, just want to make certain I'm following (correctly) what we now know: we have part numbers for the front deflectors, courtesy of Paul. Do we have part numbers for the rear deflectors? And so far, still no word on the 'deflectors' that are on the sides of the rear hatch glass. Is this correct?

Okay, just want to make certain I'm following (correctly) what we now know: we have part numbers for the front deflectors, courtesy of Paul. Do we have part numbers for the rear deflectors? And so far, still no word on the 'deflectors' that are on the sides of the rear hatch glass. Is this correct?

Yes :)  Today I drove to Smyrna and back today, about 45mi. and got 59.9mpg up and 53.3mpg back with the addition of front tire dams,spoiler between the two and partial rear wheel well covers. I used I-85 and I-285 with speed from 55-85mph a fair amount of drafting going up and not so much going back. Didn't use A/C, but did have front windows open about 3" with temps in the high 80's :shift: :happy feet:

Paul. 

Paul what is meant by partial rear wheel well covers?  I don't follow you on that statement.  BTW very impressive numbers both directions.  I'd be happy if I could just stay in the 40's right now.  Today I slipped down to 41.2 all the way from 44.0 about a month ago.  :sad:

Ok Paul your trip and numbers inspired me.  I went on fordparts.com and ordered the front tire air dams.  I just hope I'm getting a matched pair since there is only one part number listed and the diagram shows the same for both RH and LH.  I paid the $35.63 x 2.  Hopefully when they arrive at Frontier Ford Parts I can get them discounted with my dealer Salesman discount which was extended to me by my salesperson.  Did I understand that you mounted yours using some plastic clips from autozone?

Mike use the numbers in Post #40 they are not the same.

Ok Paul your trip and numbers inspired me.  I went on fordparts.com and ordered the front tire air dams.  I just hope I'm getting a matched pair since there is only one part number listed and the diagram shows the same for both RH and LH.  I paid the $35.63 x 2.  Hopefully when they arrive at Frontier Ford Parts I can get them discounted with my dealer Salesman discount which was extended to me by my salesperson.  Did I understand that you mounted yours using some plastic clips from autozone?

You have got it, easy.

Paul what is meant by partial rear wheel well covers?  I don't follow you on that statement.  BTW very impressive numbers both directions.  I'd be happy if I could just stay in the 40's right now.  Today I slipped down to 41.2 all the way from 44.0 about a month ago.  :sad:

They go straight across from the mud flap top so there is about an half inch tire clearance. :)  I will Post Pics soon.

Paul

:)

Paul

Random thought: is it possible that the rear tire deflectors are the same part numbers as the front tire deflectors? I haven't seen a 2014 in person, for those of you that have, could this be the solution?

No and I just talk to my parts man and they still can't find them. :)

Paul