2014 tire Aero Dams available from FORD

Come to think of it when I saw a 2014 the front and rear tire air dams did look the same.  This would make sense why we can't find the rears P/N.  I'm going to stop by my dealer soon and take a closer look at a 2014.

Mike they aren't the same and do have pics if I can figure out how to post them from photobucket. LOL :)

Paul

In the toolbar above, under the happy face is the "Image" icon. Select it and paste the URL of the photo (says the guy who's never done that).

For the rest of us, "My Media" next to the happy face, is the portal to all gallery images and prior attachments. Neat add to the site! Also note a 1MB limit for individual images, with no limit on the total... was a 1.5MB limit on the total - yipee! 

Have fun,

Frank

Mike they aren't the same and do have pics if I can figure out how to post them from photobucket. LOL :)

Paul

So they are different?  I wonder why they aren't listed on fordparts.com?  Or the rear window deflectors as well?  If we can find them I'll buy them for sure.  Hoping my front air dams will arrive soon to Frontier Ford.

So they are different?  I wonder why they aren't listed on fordparts.com?  Or the rear window deflectors as well?  If we can find them I'll buy them for sure.  Hoping my front air dams will arrive soon to Frontier Ford.

Did they use the 74-A and 75-A? I thought FordParts had both numbers.but I just checked and they don't have 75-A listed now. I put in 75-A and it came back with 74-A, but I have the bags they came in with the part #'s. There is something wrong with their info. :) 

Paul 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally installed my front Ford 2014 CMAX air dams with two plastic rivets each from AutoZone, easy to do into cover in front of wheels. Will post picture when I can. :)

Paul

Were you able to take any photos of how you installed these by any chance?

Ordered mine today from fdmotorparts for $25 a piece plus $13 shipping. They're a bit of a pain to find parts online through them, but with the part #'s you posted, I found them.

It was a bit of a chore, but was able to add an oem backup camera through those guys for less than $150 - primed handle, Ford badge, camera, harnesses, camera bracket. Bit more than a cheap one off eBay but looks legit :)

I'm not sure what happened but here it is along with the spoiler I made between them. The glass tape was for added security but I ripped it off(it didn't stick anyways), the Velcro did a great job of holding the spoiler in place. :)

Paul

Cheers! I got mine this morning and didn't see your post until just now (have a habit of forgetting to follow posts).

Before I saw your pics though I had a look outside to figure out how they go, and am not sure but it looks like you might have yours on the wrong sides. Have attached a few photos - first is how you have them looking front end on at the car, then how I thought they go (the one marked RH on the deflector is on the left or right hand side of the car). The last pic is the RH deflector infront of the passenger wheel where I think it goes.

Looks like the flat edge with the two holes go at the back and they line up with the bolts holding that tray to the car. The curved edge of that same side lines up with the deflectors already on the car. The 3 prongs and that hole that sticks out from our deflectors on the curved edge I can probably get in the tray with a dremel.

Anyway maybe I'm wrong but let me know what you think. Thanks again!

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_106/gallery_504_106_415782.jpg

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_106/gallery_504_106_2855315.jpg

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_106/gallery_504_106_1303976.jpg

It's been awhile but now looking at the photos I think you are right. I think I installed them where they looked right from an aerodynamic stand point and it was very easy to drill a couple of holes to install them. I cut off the prongs, they are only in the way. :)

Paul

Thanks. The way you have yours with the inside edge is probably better aerodynamically, to be honest. The way it seems they're supposed to be on the inside edge basically creates a 90 degree angle against the air dams already on the car, so although air around the tires is deflected, it's only deflecting it out. Think they maybe should have designed them so they not only deflect air away from the tires but also on the inside, under the air dam. Still, any improvement is good and they're a cheap oem mod. :)

I'll give the dremel and the prongs a try but the room for error is pretty slim with these, and being mostly rubber, they're a bit warped, and there's not much for them to hang onto, so I might just cut them off or use one or two and seal it up with some silicone adhesive or something. Was considering getting a 2014 under engine tray thing to match up, but that's the Ford check getting to my head. :)

Will post up some pics and thoughts/findings when I get round to it - is way too hot out to be messing round right now.

I wouldn't waste my time with the prongs, It worked great the way I did it and It only took 15-20min. at most to install. remember the third attachment slides under outside bumper cover and on the outside of ICE cover. That way you don't have to drill hole for that. If you play around with it you will see what I'm talking about. :)

Paul

1 mpg? Thats nuthin. At least the gas pods returned more than that...and they used less plastics.

For me the GasPods gave me less than 1mpg, but their still on the car. If I get 70mpg on my next trip then maybe they're(Air Dams and Spoiler) worth 2mpg, we will see shortly. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones

At 70 mpg, you're well into MPG hypersensitivity territory. Tiny changes in actual fuel usage will drive large changes in MPG, simply because you're using so little fuel in the first place.

That's one reason mileage is misleading compared with fuel consumption; at 70 mpg, a given change in fuel used results in twice the MPG change as that same difference in fuel use at 50MPG, but only half the effect you'd get at 100mpg! No magic, just the math of inverses... miles per gallon is the inverse of gallons per mile (or more typically, gal/100 miles, or liters/100 km).

And yes, Porter still has VGs on the sides where tuft testing showed some potential benefit, along with grill blocks, air dam and side skirts... I'm convinced I don't give any test parts long enough to show their effect given all the noise factors, the biggest being the nut behind the wheel most of the time. That said, my trip to Baton Rouge last February convinced me that there are stronger factors than driver, fuel (octane, % ethanol), or even ambient temperature... I tried several of them, with a temperature rise into the mid-70's, but what made the difference was turning around... coming back, the prevailing winds were at my back, not in my face, and mileage was up 2.7 mpg, tank after tank, over the return portion of the 3271 mile trip.

HAve fun,

Frank

Edited by fbov

For me the GasPods gave me less than 1mpg, but their still on the car. If I get 70mpg on my next rip then maybe they're(Air Dams and Spoiler) worth 2mpg, we will see shortly. :)

Paul

If you want to go a step further with aerodynamics, the UK C-Max I rented earlier this month has mirrors with a more angled leading edge :) same size and connections as ours, just a better shape. Not sure why Ford didn't go with these on the 2014. Unfortunately we can't just swap out the cap and indicator lens. I should know - I bought some back with me.. over there again next month so am trawling ebay for the whole thing. I went this far so figure I should finish the job :/ Rental is below. The front end looks nice too.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_106/gallery_504_106_503534.jpg

Aerodynamically, the best thing Ford did was get the side mirrors away from the body far enough they're out of the laminar flow region. Granted, a bluff body will have a heck of a vacuum behind it, but the biggest improvements are always at the downstream break, and I can't see much opportunity there that wouldn't also interfere with basic function and safety. As usual, Paul's thinking in the right direction, even if regulators haven't caught up with that opportunity.

Have fun,

Frank

I just made a trip to Deltona, FL and it looks like the Air Dams,Spoiler, Wheel covers and Wheel Well covers are worth atlest 2.2mph faster and getting the same mpg's as my last trip. :)

Paul

I found my air dams cause what's usually a 43 min commute to last 43.5 mins now. There's a few speed bumps to negotiate. No loss on MPG's though. :)

Kevin

LOL, They're soft and you can't hurt them. You should be able to faster. LOL :)

Paul

My commute used to be about 35 mins til I found Chill on Sirius. I seriously believe that channel, or listening to anything downtempo has caused the most improvement in my FE. False economy though as I accidentally forgot to call the special number to negotiate a lower renewal before 8/1 and just got dinged $210 for the pleasure of listening to the same songs over and over :)

Kevin