Business Cards for FORDCMAXHYBRIDFORUM.com

The Ford trademark logo (and perhaps the name of this forum) is copyright / trademark protected. 

Ford Motor Company trademarks and vehicle images are some of the Company's most valuable assets. To protect their value, Ford Motor Company is constantly engaged in policing the use of its trademarks, to ensure they are utilized by authorized persons and businesses in an acceptable manner.

To obtain permission to use Ford Motor Company trademarks in a book, magazine, promotion or advertisement, please choose your preferred contact method below.

Online: www.fordbrandlicensing.com

Address:
Ford Motor Company,
Global Brand Licensing Office,
16800 Executive Plaza Drive, Suite N203,
Dearborn, MI 48126

That's one problem "advertising".  I believe this forum is a for profit business - more members = more advertising revenue = more profit. Also, because one is not directly profiting from trademark use does not make it legal.  In addition, Paul does sell C-Max grille covers and actively promotes them on this site.  Paul could also be viewed as a Ford / dealer employee.  There is no disclaimer on this side of the card indicating otherwise.

Remember the "C-Max silhouette" discussion for t-shirts for the 2013 C-Max gathering that never happened.  IIRC mtb9153, you indicated you contacted Ford online about using Ford trademarks on the shirts. What was their response? I recall Robert Lane indicating that one would likely have to also get the silhouette artist's permission.

Now having said the above, the chances of Ford do anything is nil and if they did, it would simply be sending a cease and desist letter.

Damn Plus 3 Golfer I think you about covered it. Good job :thumbsup: Guess I'm wrong? :clapping: As far as remembering back to what Ford might have said regarding the use of the trademarks for the shirts?  I'm 60 I don't remember and don't care to try digging up the old thread.

Edited by mtb9153