Suggestion to have roof solar panel also on hybrid model

webcontrol

I heard that  there are new models with solar panel for plug-in C-max this year.  I would suggest also have that as an option for hybrid C-MAx.

For plug-in cars, roof solar panel would not provide enough charge for fully charging EV battery.  However, for hybrid, that may be enough for a full charge on EV battery.  After parking outside for a day, car is fully charged, so that user can drive couple miles on EV only, that would be a great plus.

I heard that  there are new models with solar panel for plug-in C-max this year.  

You heard wrong.  The solar panel(s) are part of a separate structure that the Energi model would plug into NOT built into the roofline of the vehicle.  Secondly, this is just a concept and not part of any new model coming out.   Thirdly, they would be prohibitively expensive for the 1 or 2 miles you might get.  For example, I had a Prius with a $4,000 solar roof option (nav included too in that pkg).  It only provided 22 watts of electricity which powered the interior fan to help keep the inside a little cooler (yes it worked).  It would take days to get enough juice out of that to propel a car.   Many prius owners would like the solar roof to help charge the 12V battery to keep it topped off.