AVS 194530 in-channel window ventshade

Well I broke down and bought them anyway.  They look very nice, I'll post pictures when it is not raining here.  Install is very easy, scuff inside of window retainer felt with supplied brillo pad, clean with alcohol pad, peal off retaining tape, install and close window.  They barely stick out beyond the edge of the car, much better than the Ford stick-ons.  No rattling or such, in fact my windows rattled slightly before and now there is nothing when rolled up. The tape needs 72 hrs with the windows up so I haven't used them with windows down yet.  The window bumped them when installing and then auto-retracts so during install I needed to hold them out slightly to get window closed.  I'll see if this continues once the 72 hrs are up, they might take shape in that time otherwise I'll shave down the edges. C

• 4 weeks later...

I really want the in-channel vent but I have a 2014 cmax and every site I've seen so far say there isn't one for that year..yet. Seems the 2013 and 2014 don't have the same window sizes.

Anyone know of a place that does have a 2014 in-channel ventshade?

Oh...just got my cmax last month and LOVING it.

I really want the in-channel vent but I have a 2014 cmax and every site I've seen so far say there isn't one for that year..yet. Seems the 2013 and 2014 don't have the same window sizes.

Anyone know of a place that does have a 2014 in-channel ventshade?

Oh...just got my cmax last month and LOVING it.

I've looked for the in channel and I think it's just that the various web retailers haven't updated their sites yet. The 2013 and 2014 are identical. My main concern and I'm looking forward to ecraigsmit's response about the bounce back.

• 4 weeks later...

I've looked for the in channel and I think it's just that the various web retailers haven't updated their sites yet. The 2013 and 2014 are identical. My main concern and I'm looking forward to ecraigsmit's response about the bounce back.

I joined this forum for this exact topic.  Has there ever been a verdict on the in channel deflectors?  I'd REALLY like to get them, but if they trigger the auto bounce back, that'd be a deal breaker.

Sorry guys, got busy and haven't been back to the site in some time.  Still have no pictures but can tell you the front shades work and fit great.  Keep the rain out as expected with windows rolled down 2" or so. Same when driving, no more drops blowing in if the windows are cracked. A little wind noise but not as bad as expected, no vibration.  They are very shallow unlike the stick ons and look great, in fact hard to tell they are on, blend in with black rubber moulding and interior door components well.

Now the bad news.  I followed the install directions to the T.  Scrubbed the bonding area with the smallest piece of brillo pad they could possibly give you.  Cleaned the area with the smallest alchol wipe I've ever seen. Peeled the cover off the adhesive and installed into window channel.  The fronts fit like a charm into the channel. Next step is to close the window and leave it closed for 3 days or so.  The problem I encountered is that the window can sometime hit the ventshade and then it retracts.  I had to hold the ventshade towards the outside, close the window most of the way until it entered the channel and then tweak it up a little at a time. One ventshade was so tight that if you let the window go all the way up Max thinks the window is obstructed and drives it back down. I left that one 99% of the way up.  The other was similar tight fit and holding it out so window would go up but didn't cause the stall condition.  Great fronts done.

Rears were worse. Didn't fit well, too long, and wanted to bow out because of it.  After massaging the window seals on the sides I eventaully got them in and the windows up following the correct install procesure.

After 3 days I opened the windows again. Fronts are ok but the window still hits and retracts on occation.  The rears almost fell out during my drive home.  I have tried a few times to hold them in better with some double sided tape but they always do the same thing. They are just too tight. I have since left them off. 

Using just the fronts is working well with me, I may have to take a sander or dremmel to the rears to get a better fit if I really feel like installing them.  However it doesn't look too bad without the rears as the fronts blend in so well.

My recommendation is not to buy them if you don't want to fiddle with them on a sander to make them fit right.

I'll attach picts one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

ecraigsmit I'm interested in hearing about this as well.  Sometimes I like to drive with my window open at the top to let in the outside air but not the rain however rain has not been a problem in northern california for almost 3 years winter seasons in a row.

• 3 months later...

I installed these vent visors on my 2014 Engeri and so far I have NOT bounced back when going up.  The rear visors make a lot of noise at high speed 75-80 mph when the window is completely down, standard noise if partially open.  My windows do bump the visor when going up as I see them move slightly, hopefully additional bedding time will fix this as temperatures are low.

If you follow the instructions the front and back vent visor installs outside of the window channel at the B pillar.  They should be inserted between the B pillar and rubber moulding.