ptjones

Found this on FFH forum posted by jeff_h

Looks like most of us would be affected by this -

SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 14C03

Certain 2013-2014 Model Year C-MAX, Escape, Fusion, and MKZ Vehicles

Front Seat Back Frame Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Vehicle          Model Year    Assembly Plant   Build Date Range
C-MAX          2013-2014        Michigan         July 23, 2012 through May 28, 2013
Escape         2013-2014        Louisville        June 5, 2012 through August 12, 2013
Fusion/MKZ  2013-2014       Hermosillo      August 15, 2012 through September 10, 2013

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS. In addition, for a list of vehicles assigned to your dealership, visit https://web.fsavinli...rconnection.com. This information will be available on April 3, 2014.

REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALL

Certain front driver and passenger seatback assemblies may have been produced with sub-standard weld joints attaching the seatback recliner mechanism to the seatback frame. A sub-standard recliner to seatback frame weld joint may separate and the operator may notice noise in the seatback or a loose or leaning seatback. Sub-standard recliner to seatback welds may also not meet the requirements of S4.2 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 207, potentially increasing the risk of injury in certain collisions.

SERVICE ACTION

DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any of the affected vehicles involved in this compliance recall. It is anticipated that a complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the second quarter of 2014, once parts to repair this condition are available.

NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to support this compliance recall. In the interim period, if a vehicle arrives at your dealership with a front seatback that exhibits a loose or leaning condition or for dealer stock vehicles with a customer sales contract, please contact the Special Service Support Center.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION

Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers. :sad:

Paul

It will be interesting to see their solution for this problem. I would guess the effected welds are probable less than 1%, still a lot of cars but I don't know anyone has complained on this forum. Gee Jus you were rear ended how is your seat? :)

Paul

would be helpful to have this moved and pinned to the Recall forum to make it easy to locate.

I agree, but when I started this thread I miss recall under maintenance and I don't know how to move it. I guess I may need to start a new one. :) 

Paul

Hi everyone,

This is just a reminder that recalls are VIN-specific, and may not apply to every vehicle built within these date ranges. You can check and see any recalls applicable to your vehicle by typing in your VIN at the Ford Owner website. Your dealers are going to be the best source of information going forward regarding the availability of the parts for the recall.

Ashley

Ashley, I went to the owner website and entered my vin without signing in first.  It said my vin was invalid.  Next, I signed in and got a report that there is no recall for my car.  It did not ask for my vin. Perhaps because the Cmax is my only Ford. The site is poorly designed.

Ashley, I went to the owner website and entered my vin without signing in first.  It said my vin was invalid.  Next, I signed in and got a report that there is no recall for my car.  It did not ask for my vin. Perhaps because the Cmax is my only Ford. The site is poorly designed.

Hi PJFW8,

If you'd like me to double check on that for you, you can definitely send me a PM with your VIN. I'll try to see why it told you it was invalid. As far as logging in goes, it automatically checks for the vehicle you signed up for the account with, so it makes sense that it didn't ask you once you were logged in.

Ashley