C-Max Sightings

Ya know.....I'm always on the look-out for C-MAXes and today I saw 2.....both on Michigan Ave eastbound off of I-94. One was whatever the dark grey is and the other was an Ice Storm. I waved like a MANIAC at both of them but I may as well have been invisible! Are we (as in *us on this forum*) that unique that we are looking and *the others* (as in *those NOT on this forum*) not looking at all? Curious minds want to know!

• 1 month later...

A CMax desert.

I live in San Diego and in the 2 months I've had and loved my CMax {SPARKY} I have only seen two others.

1 is co-worker who bragged about his 48 mpg ... until he sat in min and saw my 347 mpg {I live close to work, never use gas}.

The other was a random sighting, in Mission Valley, same color as my own. But Sparky looks cooler 'cause I added chrome window pillars, a color match door guards with chrome stripe and shark fin antenna.

I can't imagine why this car isn't more popular than the Prius. I shopped both in CMax is far superior.

• 2 weeks later...

A CMax desert.

I live in San Diego and in the 2 months I've had and loved my CMax {SPARKY} I have only seen two others.

The other was a random sighting, in Mission Valley, same color as my own. But Sparky looks cooler 'cause I added chrome window pillars, a color match door guards with chrome stripe and shark fin antenna.

We must be in different parts of town. I too am in San Diego. There's one down the street from where I live, I pass the same two every day from where I park to walk to work (a Ruby Red and a whatever-gray), and there have been two others (a white and a candy blue, both energies) on that walk on random days. I feel like I see random ones every day or two. One day last summer, I saw three other Candy Blues! 

GOTTA get the shark fin for sure it's a must. Cant believe it's not stock as the fishing pole looks so old and outdated on this very modern car.

I can't imagine why this car isn't more popular than the Prius. I shopped both in CMax is far superior.

Edited by salsaguy

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know.....I'm always on the look-out for C-MAXes and today I saw 2.....both on Michigan Ave eastbound off of I-94. One was whatever the dark grey is and the other was an Ice Storm. I waved like a MANIAC at both of them but I may as well have been invisible! Are we (as in *us on this forum*) that unique that we are looking and *the others* (as in *those NOT on this forum*) not looking at all? Curious minds want to know!

@Adair, I travel that route twice a day every day from the Irish Hills to Wayne, but I'm usually in my quiet world (the CMax helps). If it was my Ice Storm that passed and I missed the wave , I apologize. I try to acknowledge others, but it really depends what song is playing at the time...

Edited by MichaelM

We followed the first C-MAX I've seen up close on the road since our purchase in late March, a Sterling Grey hybrid, traveling westbound on SR 26 in Lafayette Indiana around 6 pm on Friday evening, June 6th.

I've seen one other C-MAX 'visiting' in our neighborhood, and several going the opposite direction on various Hoosier interstates.

They're still relatively rare around here. The vast majority of C-MAXes I see are aging gracefully on dealer lots.  :headscratch:

Last night was a *3-C-MAX night!* A black Energi parked behind us at dinner @ Emerald City in A2, and then at Matthaei Botanical Gardens for Bee School, there were 2, an Ice Storm and a white. Got pix of all but the white and will post tomorrow. These were none of the ones in my normal flight path!

Wasn't me... I'm one of the two Ice Storms in Bushnell's Basin, and the two at Xerox in Webster... but not at the same time.                                                                                                                                                                

Maybe we'll see each other along the way. I work in Greece.

• 2 weeks later...