Hmmm... BEVs outsell PHEVs by 33% - and with only about half as many models to choose from.
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Ford C-MAX Monthly Sales Chart
Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:33 PM
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:33 PM
[Duplicate from some weird error...]
Edited by SnowStorm, 01 May 2018 - 06:35 PM.
Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:09 PM
We just bought one of the remaining 2017 models, a white gold Titanium, from Hudson Ford in Hudson Wisconsin. If memory serves, they still have a 2017 SE on the lot. Plus a half a dozen low mileage SE loaner cars, all 2017 with 2000-3000 miles each. They appear to have one of the best inventories of any dealer in the Twin Cities right now.
Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:30 PM
973 C-MAX Hybrids and 18 C-MAX Energi plug-in Hybrids for 991 combined were sold during May 2018.
Prior month charts and table are removed from older posts in this thread because current month contains all prior data.
Random Thoughts as the US C-MAX story draws to a close, with the end of production of all C-MAX Hybrid models in early May 2018, after the end of C-MAX Energi production in December 2017.
- Combined US C-MAX sales of all models during 2012-2018 are just over 140,000 as of May 31, 2018.
- I doubt that there are 10,000 C-MAX vehicles in dealer inventory and in the delivery pipeline, so the US C-MAX chapter will close 7 years of production with total sales of less than 150,000, falling far short of two decent months of F-150 truck sales.
- Although initially marketed as a 'Prius killer', C-MAX Hybrids were never more than niche vehicles, primarily to help Corporate Average Fuel Economy numbers.
- Mustang and Focus account for about 50% of retail passenger car sales -- Is it any wonder that Ford is now choosing to prioritize Trucks, SUV's Mustang, and Focus?
- Other than vague details of a future "Model E" announced to be built in Mexico several years ago, to my knowledge, there are no formally-announced Hybrid, plug-in Hybrid, or full-electric 'C-size' Ford vehicles to replace it.
- Ford Fusion (and thus Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi Hybrid) are ALSO on the list of passenger cars slated to go away.
- Will a loyal Ford buyer (is there even such a thing as a loyal brand buyer any more?) wait for the next Ford Hybrid, Ford Plug-in Hybrid, or Ford Battery Electric vehicle, or will they look elsewhere?
Edited by kostby, 05 July 2018 - 02:18 AM.
- obob likes this
Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:28 PM
We know there is going to be a Escape Hybrid and Plugin in the near future (2019-20), I'm unaware of any other FORD EV vehicles seen yet.
Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:16 AM
831 C-MAX Hybrids and 6 C-MAX Energi Hybrids sold during June 2018, for a total of 837.
June 2018 Sales Table - C-MAX numbers.pdf 74.76KB 4 downloads
June 2018 Sales Chart 1 - C-MAX Hybrid & Energi numbers.pdf 21.97KB 3 downloads
June 2018 Sales Chart 2 Trendline - C-MAX Hybrid & Energi numbers.pdf 199.58KB 2 downloads
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.37.52 PM.png 576.36KB 0 downloads
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.31.23 PM.png 68.32KB 0 downloads
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 4.30.55 PM.png 369.74KB 0 downloads
NOTE: Reporting format change - This is the last month I'll post .png screen shots of the table and charts.
This month only, I've posted the attached table and charts in both traditional screen-shot .png AND now .pdfs, formatted to a 13"x19" landscape page. Next month, updated .png screen-shots will no longer be posted.
I was running out of screen room to capture the ever-expanding rows of the historical table in a single screen-shot.
Note also that .pdf files do require a .pdf reader app on your viewing device. You likely already have such a viewer installed. If not, there are both free and paid apps that will permit you to display .pdf files.
Prior month table and charts are removed from older posts in this thread because current month contains all prior data.
Edited by kostby, 05 July 2018 - 02:19 AM.
- ptjones and obob like this
Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:04 AM
Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:01 AM
My dealer has none in stock.
cars.com has 1167 new c-max hybrids in the USA for sale starting at 15,805 like 10,000 off MSRP
They only have 57 c-max energis
Some of these "new" cars may not be totally new based on me clicking on one link that had a bit over 3000 miles on it.
Edited by obob, 07 July 2018 - 09:16 AM.
Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:45 AM
468 C-MAX Hybrids and 4 C-MAX Energi Hybrids were sold during July 2018 for a total of 472.
JUL 2018 trendline chart Numbers09 2018 C-MAX Hybrid & Energi sales tracker copy.pdf 147.23KB 3 downloads
JUL 2018 table data Numbers09 2018 C-MAX Hybrid & Energi sales tracker copy.pdf 71.95KB 3 downloads
As noted last month, table and chart images are now posted as .pdf files.
Edited by kostby, 03 August 2018 - 03:50 AM.
- jmcgliss likes this
Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:24 AM
This should be going down pretty fast now with fewer cars left to be sold.
Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:49 AM
Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:46 PM
Our dealership has five new 2018's in stock, and one courtesy vehicle with ~2000 miles.
Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:13 PM
(If you click on this link, then click on "continue to cars.com" )
818 new C-Maxes on cars.com
[added later, as of august 10, 757 for sale]
That seems like a pretty low number.
Edited by obob, 10 August 2018 - 07:24 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users