NAV Issue: No GPS

The temperature was above 90 today in Miami. When I came out to where my C-MAX had been parked for about three hours, I tried to use NAV. Check out what happened.

Notice that the GPS is crossed out on my screen, which I suspect to be at the root of the issue.  Nothing I tried seemed to work, and this lasted more than 30 minutes, so I know that it is not an actual problem with the satellite. Also, my cell GPS worked perfectly during this time.

Once I arrived at my destination, shut down, and then didn't come back to my parked C-MAX for about 15 minutes or so, everything was back to normal.

Either my GPS module is about to die, or maybe the heat got to it (even though it has never been a problem in heat before now). I hope that it is just a one off type of incident. So long as everything keeps working, I'll have it checked out when I do the 10,000 mile service, which should be in a couple of weeks. If not, I'll be visiting my dealer sooner than that.

:headscratch:

I've seen this many times.

post-1320-0-86514800-1398697403_thumb.jpg

The first time was spooky, as I was driving to work on the expressway route, but the GPS had me driving the rural route, just passing the dealership...

The few times I've needed GPS, removing and reseating the memory card reset the nav and brought the GPS radios back on-line. It's on my list for the dealer, just before Intelligent Access denial (13-12-13/14-0078) and after seat backs (14C03). Please keep us apprised!

Have fun,

Frank

If this continues, ScubaDadMiami, definitely bring it to your dealer's attention, but fbov has a great suggestion for resetting the GPS. You can also try turning your C-MAX off, open the door for 10 seconds, close it, then restart you car. That should also do the trick. :)

As far as the temperature there: can you send about 20 degrees to Michigan for me? I'd be forever grateful. :woot:

Rebecca

As far as the temperature there: can you send about 20 degrees to Michigan for me? I'd be forever grateful. :woot:

Rebecca

That would be just about perfect. It's already hitting 90F.

I guess I am becoming a sort of reverse snow bird. I live here, but I plan to start hitting the mountains and seeing the country in summertime.

I went back to the same location, and virtually identical conditions--perhaps a little cooler by a degree or two. No problem today.

At this point, I plan on doing my 10,000 mile service very soon, before leaving on my 4,000 mile cross country trip in June. I'll have it looked at.

Good to hear it was only a one time deal. Let me know if your dealer finds anything.

That would be just about perfect. It's already hitting 90F.

I guess I am becoming a sort of reverse snow bird. I live here, but I plan to start hitting the mountains and seeing the country in summertime.

It seems to always be winter in Michigan; today will be 70 (thanks for sending the 20 degrees) before dipping back down to the 50s. We'll probably get some more snow if you want to come on up and go skiing. ;)

Rebecca