To any fellow CMax owners...I am trying to fiqure out what is causing this...Lately the AC quits blowing , the air is still cold so do not think it has to do with freon. Anyhow to correct the situation, I have to turn off AC for awhile, then put it back on and it works fine till next time. I brought it to my dealer but the problem is it does not do it then , so there is no way to really diagnose unless it acts up. But I been thinking maybe it has something to do with a temp sensor , but not sure if it has one. Really got me baffled , any help appreciated.
A couple comments:
1. Do you have an SE or SEL?
2. Are you saying the fan shuts down or the fan is still on but no / little air is coming out of the vents?
3. The next time it happens shut the car off and start up with Engineering Test Mode in the left hand display. There are posts telling how to enable ETM. Scroll to the screen that shows diagnostic trouble codes and take a pic of it and post if it has stored codes.
4. Better yet spend $30 or so and get the Forscan App for a smartphone and ELM 327 to scan modules for DTCs. IMO, forscan is worth it just to monitor / set tire pressure and view other data.
5. If the fan is still running and little to no air is coming from the vents, buy a temp sensor and replace it. I'm fairly sure I posted pics on replacing it. It's accessed from the driver's side center console foot well area. IIRC, you pop off a small cover on the console and it is easily changed.