Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Weird A/C problem

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   skimaxpower

skimaxpower

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationWA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

I experienced this same issue this August in my 2015 C-Max hybrid with ~35,000 miles.

It was a hot day. Had been driving pretty much non-stop with the AC on for about 6 hours. Started blowing harder, but only warm air.

Upon turning off the car and waiting an hour, everything was back to normal. I've had no problems since.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Redshift

Redshift

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationTacoma, WA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

My 2015 had this issue. Took it to the dealer who did the TSB. That was 2 years ago. Never happened again. BTW they don't replace the AC fluid. They just make sure it's full.

#23 OFFLINE   AS2014

AS2014

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 41 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationLouisiana
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C Max

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

To any fellow CMax owners...I am trying to fiqure out what is causing this...Lately the AC quits blowing , the air is still cold so do not think it has to do with freon. Anyhow to correct the situation, I have to turn off AC for awhile, then put it back on and it works fine till next time. I brought it to my dealer but the problem is it does not do it then , so there is no way to really diagnose unless it acts up. But I been thinking maybe it has something to do with a temp sensor , but not sure if it has one. Really got me baffled , any help appreciated.

#24 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,785 posts
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

To any fellow CMax owners...I am trying to fiqure out what is causing this...Lately the AC quits blowing , the air is still cold so do not think it has to do with freon. Anyhow to correct the situation, I have to turn off AC for awhile, then put it back on and it works fine till next time. I brought it to my dealer but the problem is it does not do it then , so there is no way to really diagnose unless it acts up. But I been thinking maybe it has something to do with a temp sensor , but not sure if it has one. Really got me baffled , any help appreciated.

A couple comments:

1. Do you have an SE or SEL?

2. Are you saying the fan shuts down or the fan is still on but no / little air is coming out of the vents?

3. The next time it happens shut the car off and start up with Engineering Test Mode in the left hand display.  There are posts telling how to enable ETM.  Scroll to the screen that shows diagnostic trouble codes and take a pic of it and post if it has stored codes.

4. Better yet spend $30 or so and get the Forscan App for a smartphone and ELM 327 to scan modules for DTCs.  IMO, forscan is worth it just to monitor / set tire pressure and view other data.

5. If the fan is still running and little to no air is coming from the vents, buy a temp sensor and replace it.  I'm fairly sure I posted pics on replacing it. It's accessed  from the driver's side center console foot well area.  IIRC, you pop off a small  cover  on the console and it is easily changed.

#25 OFFLINE   AS2014

AS2014

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 41 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Current Vehicle:C Max

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:02 PM

A couple comments:
1. Do you have an SE or SEL?
2. Are you saying the fan shuts down or the fan is still on but no / little air is coming out of the vents?
3. The next time it happens shut the car off and start up with Engineering Test Mode in the left hand display.  There are posts telling how to enable ETM.  Scroll to the screen that shows diagnostic trouble codes and take a pic of it and post if it has stored codes.
4. Better yet spend $30 or so and get the Forscan App for a smartphone and ELM 327 to scan modules for DTCs.  IMO, forscan is worth it just to monitor / set tire pressure and view other data.
5. If the fan is still running and little to no air is coming from the vents, buy a temp sensor and replace it.  I'm fairly sure I posted pics on replacing it. It's accessed  from the driver's side center console foot well area.  IIRC, you pop off a small  cover  on the console and it is easily changed.

Thanks for the response, I have CMax SE. I would say # 5 Fan is still running and little to no air coming out. Will change temp sensor , now that I know it has one. Thanks for the info.

#26 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,785 posts
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Here's the post showing the installation and the post below gives the part number.  

• obob likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·