Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

A/C is "on" whenever I turn on the Climate Control

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   salsaguy

salsaguy

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,371 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationWhittier, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2012 VW Passat 2.5L SEL Premium

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

On my Passat there is a sync button you can hit to make the dual zone climate temps match or not match the drivers temp.

Using different temps make the system work harder and uses more energy since one zone is always heating or cooling the other one off of you have sync off.

But of course the wife has to be kept happy so...

I would assume (hope) the CMax had a similar sync button available??

Our 2013 SEL seems to be a little different.

But within seconds the passenger temp setting changes to the driver setting (72/72).

This makes DW a not happy rider, she reaches over and gives her thermostat a GOOD twist and growls at me…ggerrrr!

Which makes me a NOT happy driver.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   salsaguy

salsaguy

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,371 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationWhittier, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2012 VW Passat 2.5L SEL Premium

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

I suggest you one button "auto down" all the Windows when you get into the car to let out the majority of the built up heat in the cabin and wait a few (10-30)  seconds then start up the car and "auto up" all the Windows and then put it on max a/c. with recirculation to ON and dual zone set to synch/match temps until it gets to a closer temp (within a few degrees of final setpoint)  for your comfort and then turn max auto off to set to your desired fan speed for the rest of your trip (and decide if you want recirc on for dirty air, or off for fresh air), and can now change the dual zone top split the temps separately if you want.

This will minimize the load on the system and max your mps. 

#23 OFFLINE   boilermax

boilermax

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

I played with this today. For me, whatever was the last setting before shutdown (of the vehicle) stays the same at the next power up. If I turn off the power to the climate control, when I try turning it on using either the power or fan switch, the A/C turns on, and the fan goes at the highest speed. I tried using one of the directional switches, powering down the climate control, and then starting back up using the fan or power switch, and again the A/C comes on (though I can't remember if the fan turns on to the high setting). I had my temperature turned down to Lo, so I am not sure if this was part of the issue.

This is the same behavior I have seen.  As noted by others, if the temperature is set to "Lo" the AC always comes on and the fan is highest speed.  The AC part of this is documented in the Owner's Manual . . . "In position LO, 59°F (15°C), the system switches to permanent cooling."

I keep my temperature set in the mid-60s to prevent this "permanent cooling" operation.  So when I turn on the climate control using the fan switch, the power switch, any vent direction arrow or the temperature setting knob, the AC comes on and the fan goes to halfway between low and high. 

Around town I rarely use the AC, relying instead on the vents and windows.  All I want to do is have the system turn back on with the settings I had selected before I turned the climate control off.  Is that too much to ask?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·