Weathertech mats

Marc Smith

Not sure if anyone is considering weather techs mats.  they have three colors  grey, tan, black

I took the plunge as I was happy with the grey ones I had with my prius.

since i still had them  I put the grey one inside the c-max.  just to check the color.  Did not like it  so when I ordered new ones for the c-max  I got the tan color.

doesn't really do anything for me either.

the "stone" color" of the cmax is an odd color...

So I'm probably going to return them...  Not sure if I'd reorder them in black.  since I don't think the harsh contrast with black would look real good either.

I wonder if I set them outside if they would fade???

post-2136-0-16664900-1402050176_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-24021900-1402050178_thumb.jpg

post-2136-0-87512500-1402050179_thumb.jpg

I have the same "stone" color interior as you do, and I went with the black Weathertech mats (front only). While the black mat does not match the carpet, it does match the dash and door trim so it does not clash as much as the tan or gray mats. Sure glad I had them given how bad this winter was...otherwise my light color carpeting would be nearly black anyways from all the winter dirt :) .  My recommedation would be to get the black Weathertech mats.

Edited by Zathrus

ok,  when you post, on the bottom right of the text window  there should be a button "more reply options"

hit that button and the screen will load with more options.

at the bottom left of the new window  you will see "attach files"

click  "choose files"   and it will allow you select files to upload...

not bad...not sure if its better or not...

if I send them back,  its going to cost me 20 bucks(about)  to ship them back.  If I get the black ones,  they will ship them for free. 

so either way.  if i send them back and get a refund... I loose the shipping as its not refunded  and I've spent 40 bucks for nothing.   I've wasted more on much less...

I wonder if I can leave the mats in sun and get the tan ones to fade a bit...or maybe some bleach....  just to soften the color a bit...

I have not noticed any fading in my black mats during the 9 months I have had them (but most of that was over the winter).  Also have not noticed any fading over the last 4 years in the grey ones I have in my other car. So, I am pretty sure the sun will not fade them.

Not sure about the bleach, but Weathertech's website states it would void guarantee: 

WeatherTech® FloorLiner™ is guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for a period of three years from the date of purchase. Exclusions to this warranty are wear due to severe abrasive conditions and chemical contamination, such as spilled gasoline, bleach, etc.

So, it sounds like bleach may actually damage the mats.

The Weather Techs are a fine product and I've used them in the past, but I now swear by Husky Liners. If you live in the snow belt, I've found the Husky's are easier to remove from the car without spilling melted snow on the carpet because they are flexible. The Weather Techs are rigid and takes some careful maneuvering to get them out of the car, where you can bent the Husky's to contain the water. If it's dirt, mud or ice cream you're dealing with, the Weather Techs are great. Also, the Husky's cover more of the dead pedal and extend farther up the fire wall behind the pedals. Here's a link to the C-Max page of the Husky site.

http://www.huskyliners.com/product-detail/?category=17

I saw the hyusky product in a prius  and I wasn't overly impressed...

I have the old grey weather techs from  my prius...and I test fit them for a color compare  and I wasn't liking the color withthe door closed.  Open  the floor mats pick up the exterior color.  but when closed...  they look odd...

I just noticed,  that they sent me mats for a ford escape... on the order form in the box,  but my order says  cmax,  and the part numbers are the same.  so I guess the cmax floor pan is the same as the escape...or at the very least close enough...

I think I'm going to keep the tan ones...and try to get some fade on..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I suspect that the reason the mats don't go up the left foot area has to do with the manufacturing equipment that they have.

This video kind of gave me the idea. 

(Though it is kind of odd to watch a 15 sec commercial to view a 30 second commercial.)

Edited by obob

Why do you only use them in the winter ?

I would imagine because of the snow/salt and other dirt that occur in the winter that is horrible on the carpet in the car. In the summer, you might get some wet and dirt but it typically isn't corrosive like the salt and other chemicals used on snow.

Why do you only use them in the winter ?

I like the look of the factory carpeted mats.   I mainly just want to keep the snow, shush and salt off the carpet. 

The Husky mats work well but I don't care for the looks of plain plastic.  Kind of looks like a work truck. 

I know people that always cover up the carpet and mats to protect them year around.  They say it is better for resale.  That is true but I enjoy the look from the factory.  I did have to replace the factory mats in my last car as I wore them out.  If they last 5 or 6 years I am good with that.  To each his own.

• 3 weeks later...