Aftermarket or Focus Wheels?

Brent Bevil

The Focus ST wheels in your first photo are 18's, so keep in mind that you'll also have to buy new tires to go with the wheels. 

I like the idea of new wheels, too, but I would be most likely to with some type of forged wheel for the weight savings. Forged = $$$, so that's been holding me back.

Want to try and stick with stock 17 inch size.  I thought the focus wheel was 17.  Thanks for the info.  I'll keep looking.  I have seen a video with the focus wheel mounted and it looked awesome just do want to go to 18s at the time.  Just to confirm though - The focus wheel and C-Max have the same offset and bolt pattern correct?

Edited by Brent Bevil

There ARE two 17" Focus alloy wheel options available in the design in your first pic, size 17" x 7" and 5x108mm bolt pattern.

Painted dark with some edges machined:

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-focus-wheels-painted-machined-aluminum-p-628.html

-or- 

Polished:

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-focus-polished-aluminum-wheel-p-626.html

I cannot absolutely confirm that the offset specs are identical to the standard C-MAX alloy wheels, but since it's for a current Ford front-wheel-drive Focus, they should work.

Also available here: http://www.partscheap.com/2012-2014-Ford-Focus-Exterior-Parts-s/471.htm

Ford also offers two other 17" Focus alloy wheel options when factory ordered, in addition to the C-MAX standard alloys on the Focus Electric. You can see them on the Ford.com website if you 'build your own' Focus Hatchback.

• 4 months later...

I looked into this too.  I did not want the stock look but ended up using Plasti-dip on the stock wheels.  Very happy with how it turned out.  There are pics of this in my galley if you are interested.  Others have done this too.

I would like to see the video with the wheels you are talking about.  Do you know the link? 

Good luck.  Let us know what you end up doing.

thanks for the help.  i looked through the thread and saw where you posted the offset for the 16" wheel but i couldn't find the 17" number.  i believe i saw in another forum that it was +55mm but i also read somewhere else that it was a different number.

i also looked at the fordparts schematic, and while i see the type 1 and type 2 wheels listed, i can't tell what the difference is (other than price.)

i tried to crawl under a friends cmax to find the wheel stamp, but no luck.  i will post again when i know more...

I've got it in the log book I keep in the car... but wait, I transferred it to my mileage spreadsheet! Well, some of it...

17x7 H2 +55mm

and nothing more on the 16x6.5's than the size.

I'll check the log book, and the wheels as I'll be doing the swap very soon... winter's arriving now!

HAve fun,

Frank

Anyone running aftermarket wheels on their CMax?  I like some of the Focus ST wheels and tire rack seems to have many options but wanted to check here for advice before diving in. Looking for something similar to the attachments.  attachicon.gif13-2013-ford-focus-st-fd.jpgattachicon.gifsstp-1204-06+2011-ford-focus-se+wheel.jpg

Wheels very close to those Focus ST wheels ARE available in 17", but they are VERY hard to find.  Those are what I really want for my CMax also.  Here is a picture I took of the one's I saw.  It might show up but the tire size is 215/50/17:

post-355-0-74596000-1416334962_thumb.jpg

I keep my eye on this web site.  It list junkyards that have wheels from wrecked cars:

http://www.car-part.com/

Edited by HannahWCU

two cents - I'll probably go with the split spoke OEM wheel from the Fusion.  a quick eBay search shows more than a few Fusion owners replace their wheels and sell the OEMs, often with tires.  So not too hard to find a set reasonably priced.

From what I can gather the specs are almost the same; CMax appears to be a 7 inch, Fusion split spoke is 7.5 inch.

I looked at aftermarket, but decided I prefer an OEM look.  Sort of.

You can also get an interesting look at Euro C-Max OEM wheel options here - just to see what different types of wheels might look like...     http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/gb/en/6/35

I will post again if any issues arise.