Anyone receive a compensation check yet?

bro1999

I also heard about a second check coming to CMax owners, but from what I found out that is a rumor . I spoke to my dealer and he said Ford is not sending out any more checks. The first check that was sent last year is it. Hate to bring bad news , but that's the way it is. Was kind of looking forward to getting another check too because of how hard the value has drop on these cars.

Edited by AS2014

I also heard about a second check coming to CMax owners, but from what I found out that is a rumor . I spoke to my dealer and he said Ford is not sending out any more checks. The first check that was sent last year is it. Hate to bring bad news , but that's the way it is. Was kind of looking forward to getting another check too because of how hard the value has drop on these cars.

Adrian,

This is one time I hope my dealer is wrong........lol

Dealers were sent this Customer Satisfaction Program 14B03 letter on June 12, 2014.  

You might want to look for another dealer given their lack of " DEALER AWARENESS OF GOODWILL PAYMENT / CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION PROCESS". ;)  

14B03.pdf

I learned a long time ago that "the dealer" is always the last to know.

Not my oldest example: In 1998 I asked one of the bigger dealerships at the local new car show, " when will the SVT Contour get here?"

His response "never heard of it, hey Tom you know anything about a SVT Contour?"

Tom's response "WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT! Hey Bill you heard any rumors about a new SVT?"

Bill's answer "I just read about a Contour that will be here later this year."

My answer "Bill do you have a minute?" made the first "salesman" a little mad.

Edited by wab

My Dealer said they recieved a letter from Ford telling them about the Reduction of the Estimated MPG when I was in for the Works Last Month. They said a Second Check should be going out to Cmax Owners. I also found this article on KBB.com covering all the Models having the Reduction and the amount of Compensation:

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/ford-motor-company-lowers-epa-numbers-on-six-models/2000010795/

Also another on Consumer Reports:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/06/ford-revises-c-max-fusion-mkz-hybrid-fiesta-fuel-economy-ratings/index.htm?userWantsFull=true

Edited by TwoRVPC-MaxSEL

I went to the Ford website and checked. I'm getting a check. Anytime between now and Sept.

Dealers were sent this Customer Satisfaction Program 14B03 letter on June 12, 2014.

You might want to look for another dealer given their lack of " DEALER AWARENESS OF GOODWILL PAYMENT / CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION PROCESS". ;)

No thanks, I will stick with my Dealer because of the excellent service dept, they have, especially when it comes to fixing a car right the first time. That to me is worth a lot more than the goodwill payment notice that got overlooked by them.

Edited by AS2014

I can use the check to buy a new tire. Got a chunk of metal through the side wall. Grrrrr!

Sorry about your tire.  We had a flat recently close to home and had to replace a tire too.  My mini-spare just happened to be in the car and it worked great.  Unfortunately the jack I had purchased (made for an Escape) was to tall to slide under the C-Max with a flat tire.  I had to get help from AAA>

Sorry about your tire.  We had a flat recently close to home and had to replace a tire too.  My mini-spare just happened to be in the car and it worked great.  Unfortunately the jack I had purchased (made for an Escape) was to tall to slide under the C-Max with a flat tire.  I had to get help from AAA>

Thanks, with only 1020 miles on the C-max it really stunk that I have to replace a tire. But, hey, what can you do?