Ford OEM Side Window Deflectors

I decided to go for it and install side window deflectors. I've had them on many of my past vehicles. I miss the days when cars came with channels that directed the water down and away, now it seems the water either rolls in off the windshield or drips from the top of the window. Here are some pics, I think they look good.

post-2010-0-65137300-1405184075_thumb.jpg post-2010-0-49961500-1405184088_thumb.jpg post-2010-0-01958900-1405184102_thumb.jpg

I think they look very good, especially on the Sterling Gray.  Sorely tempted.  How about part numbers & $ on those, thanks.  nick

The best price I found and purchased through Amazon from Banner Automotive, $74.22 + $4.99 shipping, $79.21 total.

Through Ford Parts and my local dealership (so no shipping cost) they were $89.00.

Ford part # DM5Z-18246-A

Same SKU # on my Amazon invoice

Order Item ID 43861174284994

Edited by timwil56

Meh. Kinda ruins the clean edged look for me.

I decided to go for it and install side window deflectors. I've had them on many of my past vehicles. I miss the days when cars came with channels that directed the water down and away, now it seems the water either rolls in off the windshield or drips from the top of the window. Here are some pics, I think they look good.attachicon.gifattachicon.gifattachicon.gif

I like the idea that you can crack the windows without rain coming in (important here in Florida where rain is more the order of day than not) so I ordered them from a parts store that charged $71 (can't exactly say how much shipping since it was part of a larger order).

However, after I ordered today I started to worry about the impact it will have on MPG -- isn't that one of the top reasons to own this car?  I have to believe this will make a significant (well, at least 1-2MPH) effect since they were able to increase it by that much by very subtle engineering between 2013 and 2014 of the exterior.  So perhaps in the long run I'll regret getting them (the look I think is pretty cool and, as I say, functional for me as well -- but hate to lose the precious mileage).

I like the idea that you can crack the windows without rain coming in (important here in Florida where rain is more the order of day than not) so I ordered them from a parts store that charged $71 (can't exactly say how much shipping since it was part of a larger order).

However, after I ordered today I started to worry about the impact it will have on MPG -- isn't that one of the top reasons to own this car?  I have to believe this will make a significant (well, at least 1-2MPH) effect since they were able to increase it by that much by very subtle engineering between 2013 and 2014 of the exterior.  So perhaps in the long run I'll regret getting them (the look I think is pretty cool and, as I say, functional for me as well -- but hate to lose the precious mileage).

It is nice to be able to have the windows open slightly when it's raining. Also, you can crack your windows when parked to get a little air flow through the car. I'm not sure about you estimates on mpg reduction, did you mean to type .001-.002 mpg's, because I doubt it will cause a 1-2 mpg drop. The only difference I notice is a little more wind noise.