Post Your Life Time MPG's, Total Mi., EV mi., Regen mi. and Brake Score

ptjones

Are you using Premium and 50psi tire pressure? If not that will easily do it. :)

Paul 

No Premium, its 20-30c a gal more expensive, not worth it.  Yes i have tires at 50.

I usually get 50-53 on my daily to work and back, but its only 30 miles a day.  What keeps bringing me down is when i have to make trips through the mountains and i average 40-42.  I'm happy with where i'm at, i could do better but i'm fine with where its at.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So how do we catch Paul?  Curiosity got the best of SnowStorm so after some hybrid algebraic shenanigans the following equation blew out the tailpipe:

ME = MN*(RT/RN - 1) / (1 - RT/RE)

where:

ME = "Miles Extra" or number of extra miles I must drive to catch up with Paul!

MN = "Miles Now" or present odometer reading

RT = "Rate Target" or fuel consumption rate (i.e. MPG) that I want to get up to - my "target" MPG (e.g. Paul's 50.0 MPG)

RN = "Rate Now" or preset fuel consumption rate (i.e. Lifetime MPG)

RE = "Rate Extra" or fuel consumption rate (i.e. MPG) I must maintain while driving the "extra" miles.

SnowStorm is presently at 48.9 Lifetime MPG with 160637 miles and wants to get to 50.0 MPG Lifetime by driving at 55 MPG.  How many miles must The Enterprise cover to catch Paul?  Simple! :)

ME = 160,637*(50/48.9 - 1) / (1 - 50/55) = 39,749 miles!

Oh dear, I have to drive for over a year at, maybe, 10 mph under the speed limits!  Relax Paul, it ain't gonna happen! :sad:

Disclaimer: Calculations not guaranteed - use at your own risk!  YCMV. :lol:

In addition to the money you save with the CMax, you can also get rebates at the pump every time you fill up your car or anybody else's car.  Just run this app before you fill up.  Claim the gas station and then send in a picture of your receipt.  The next day or so they rebate money back to you.  You can cash out and get a check in the mail or they can send you money via PayPal.

https://upside.app.link/tZsp0zL0HO

Only use this on a smart phone.  This only works for credit and debit.  So don't use cash.  You can get like $.20 to $.30 cents off per gallon.  You don't have to buy or sell anything.  It's like free rebates that you're be giving up all this time and will now be able to get them.  As far as I know, this may not work in Georgia, but it works in most parts of the country.  If it doesn't work in your state, post it here so people don't waste time installing it. It seems to work in major metro areas. I use it and all my friends are getting money back every time they fill up. It was on 103.5 WSHE down here on the radio.

Looked into this and found out the following...

Thanks for checking out GetUpside! Unfortunately, GetUpside deals are currently only available in Washington, D.C. and parts of Maryland and Virginia. Please enter your email and we'll contact you when GetUpside comes to your area.

Looked into this and found out the following...

Thanks for checking out GetUpside! Unfortunately, GetUpside deals are currently only available in Washington, D.C. and parts of Maryland and Virginia. Please enter your email and we'll contact you when GetUpside comes to your area.

Sweet I’ll have to check it out!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have had our C-Max SEL since May 2013 (Brand New) and Have Just Tripped 200,000 Miles Yesterday!  Our Lifetime MPG is around 42, but do much better if I,m able to run about 5 MPH below Speed Limit. My wife drives it to work and usually drives it about 4 MPH over the Speed Limit. Since she drives it most of the time then she is the on effecting the MPG.  Brake Score is 87 and our Regen Miles is well over 60.000 miles!

We have had our C-Max SEL since May 2013 (Brand New) and Have Just Tripped 200,000 Miles Yesterday!  Our Lifetime MPG is around 42, but do much better if I,m able to run about 5 MPH below Speed Limit. My wife drives it to work and usually drives it about 4 MPH over the Speed Limit. Since she drives it most of the time then she is the one effecting the MPG.  Brake Score is 87 and our Regen Miles is well over 60.000 miles!

Take a iPhone pic of your Life Time Score and post it and I will add it to my list. I believe you meant EV miles, not Regen miles.  With about 212k miles I only have about 10k Regen braking miles, but 112k EV miles.  :)

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

And it just keeps going up. :)  Life Time Score 50.2 mpg and Fuelly.com average 49.2 mpg, 55.5 mpg average for the last 10 fill ups.  Also I haven't reset trip 2 in about 76k miles and My Smart Gauge average is 54 mpg. Bottom line is even with 212k miles on the Odometer  you can improve your Life Time average MPG's if you want too.  :)  post-143-0-21206000-1539443162_thumb.jpg

Paul

• 5 months later...

I have a 2015 C-Max Hybrid PlugIn and I only drive only short distances and plugin whenever I stop. so I seldom ever use any Gas.  My MPG is averaging over 300 MPG which  I believe is miss-leading. I don't believe the formula the computer is using takes into consideration the cost of a full charge.  I figure the cost of a full charge is about the same as the cost of a 1/3 gallon of gas.  I am able to go about 24 miles in EV mode before it will switch to "Hybrid" mode.  So I figure my true MPG should be 60 to 70 MPG.  Does this sound correct to you?