Post Your Life Time MPG's, Total Mi., EV mi., Regen mi. and Brake Score

ptjones

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still at 48.0MPG on mine, been really hot lately here and I don't handle the heat well so i always keep my car at 73, so i've had a lot of trips where the Trip MPG wasn't too cool (pun intended)

Still typically getting 52-55MPG in the morning to the office, but other shorter trips and afternoon is where i get 48MPG, or less some times.

Going to get my car tinted soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well it took 6 months to go up another tenth to 50.7 MPG with 252k miles. ?  Part of the reason it took so long was I had a bad trip during the winter, I drop to 50.5 mpg and had to work my way back to 50.6 mpg.

Paul

Edited by ptjones

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At 33,000 miles, my wife has average 49.6 with EV at roughly 61%.  Would be higher without Chicago winters.

Updated 10/05/20: Now at 49.8 but cold weather will temper further improvements.  46-48psi tire pressures, no grille covers, no ECO use. 

Edited by jmcgliss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My lifetime peaked at 43.6MPG. After I replaced the stock low-rolling-resistance tires with a regular tire, I saw a pretty big drop in my long-term fuel economy: Between 20k miles and the tire change at 55k, it averaged 44.2 MPG; and it has run an average of 41.1MPG since replacing the tires, which works out to a drop of 7.5% - which is a good bit more than I expected.

But that doesn't appear to be solely related to the tires: Comparing the speed on the speedometer to the speed reported by a GPS unit, the car no longer over-reports my speed. Previously it reported about 4-5% over-speed, now it's dead-on. Perhaps the new tires have a slightly larger diameter? Accounting for that, I suppose the low-rolling-resistance tires provided about a 3% improvement fuel economy. And I just had the transmission replaced - it would not be crazy to think that could have a measurable impact on fuel economy, though it is too early to tell so far.

With all that, it's down to 42.6mpg lifetime.