Post Your Life Time MPG's, Total Mi., EV mi., Regen mi. and Brake Score

ptjones

I have about 23,200 miles on my 2014 C Max and my Ave MPG is at 43.0. 2 reasons my mileage is on the low side, 1 my wife drove it all last winter. She does not care about mileage or any hybrid driving tips, she just drives. 2 we took a trip to San Diego this spring and on our 2600 mile trip we got 38.5 MPG while driving 75 to 82 MPH.

I have been driving all summer and have put on 5700 miles and I am averaging 45.5 MPG. I too wish that the 2014 had the lifetime screen.

I have about 14K on my Max now.  Picked it up in Sept.  Last fuel my avg was over 50.  The winter brought it down to ~43 and now I am at 47.2.  Hope to hit 50 again before the cold hits here again.  That is on my dash.  Fuelly is lower but I started Fuelly in the winter. 

I am very happy with this for living in Michigan. :)  It would be better if I was the only driver too.  I am not sure how you only get 38 MPG in the city with no A/C on but he manages to do it somehow.  

Edited by scottwood2

I have about 23,200 miles on my 2014 C Max and my Ave MPG is at 43.0. 2 reasons my mileage is on the low side, 1 my wife drove it all last winter. She does not care about mileage or any hybrid driving tips, she just drives. 2 we took a trip to San Diego this spring and on our 2600 mile trip we got 38.5 MPG while driving 75 to 82 MPH.

I have been driving all summer and have put on 5700 miles and I am averaging 45.5 MPG. I too wish that the 2014 had the lifetime screen.

Are you running 50PSI and Premium? You might look in to making Grill Covers +2-4mpg. :)

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

just did a trip from DC to Cleveland OH, to Bethlehem PA, back to DC  I'd say 90% highway with some nice hills.  I tried to maintain the speed limit which was mostly 55-70.. on eco cruise.

loaded up for a sailing event...

1111 miles

414 ev

45.8 mpg

24.22 gallons

21 hours.

That seems very good for HWY mileage, are you using Grill Covers, Premium and 50psi?  What is your LifeTime MPG now, it was 44.5mpg? :)

Paul

This POST was for gathering info to see if there were some trends or scientific info to explain the differences in FE from one car to the next. NO Records here just info.

There is a definite correlation between City, HWY driving, Cold vs Hot climates, no surprise there.  Brake Scores don't seem to have that much of an effect on FE other than an indication on how hard someone is trying to get real good FE. I'm very impressed with anyone that can get 99% Brake Score! I don't see how I could better than 98%. Hybrid driving can definitely make a difference as shown in EV percentages.  I'm sure someone could write a program to analyze the info and come up with something someday so until then I will keep login in stats. :headscratch:  :) 

Paul 

Edited by ptjones

• 2 weeks later...

I have a total of 96,600 miles on my Max so far. 

Here are my stats;

50.2 lifetime MPG

96% lifetime brake score

I live in northern illinois with bad winters. My score is a year round average score. I bought my car in October 2012. So, it has gone through three winters and three summers. 

I will get a picture for you guys soon. (Oh, I just replaced my first set of tires at 93,000 miles).

Matt

• 2 weeks later...