Post Your Life Time MPG's, Total Mi., EV mi., Regen mi. and Brake Score

ptjones

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to report fuel mileage for our (my wifes) 2014 SEL Hybrid.  We have had the car since mid May 2016. Overall mileage since we bought it is standing at 42.4. Thats 80% or more highway driving. On the interstate doing 75-80 its getting 38-40. On state highways 55-60 getting averaging about 45. City mileage 50, sometimes 60+ depending on the trip. My highest mpg recorded was one short trip back from the store , about 4 miles it was 114 mpg. We love this car and would  highly recommend it! I wish Ford would not be so shy and do a little advertising . They would sell a boat load more if people would just drive it !

Can you keep track of all the values?  How does it compare MPG wise? :)

Paul

I second this request, I'll be interested in hearing how the two cars compare in terms of MPG. I'll also ask if you could give your impression of the new C-Max compared to the old one. I know there will be a few differences going from an Energi to a Hybrid, but I'm also curious if the new car is quieter (seem to recall more insulation has been added to the newer models), as well as other small things you might notice (such as the small pocket in the side of the passenger seat).

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally my Life Time went up today. :yahoo: 48.3mpg! It's getting harder with all the miles on the ODO. :)

Paul

Congrat's and I know what you mean.  Mine just went from 48.3 to 48.4 so I've got you beat!  But winter's coming so it may slip back.  (Have been able to do some lower speed driving lately.)

I wonder, who has the highest lifetime MPG?

Ah... you've caught The Enterprise on Lifetime MPG!  I'd better get some grill covers and wheel pants, pump those tires back up, go to 0W-20 (its time to change) and, oh yes, build that inflatable boat tail!  But on EV percentage you beat me soundly at 50%.  The Enterprise is only at 42%.  Too much stellar dust I guess!

... go to 0W-20 (its time to change) ...

Before you do, consider this. I have my used oil tested at the change. 

- my first two changes removed Ford semi-synth 5W20. % Fuel averaged 0.9% with a 365F flash point and 44.5 PPM Fe. 

- my next two changes removed generic and Mobil AFE 0W20. % Fuel averaged 2.65% with a 333F flash point and 73 ppm Fe. 

Needless to say, I had re-installed the AFE 0W20 before the prior oil's data was available. I plan to switch to Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W20... in ~6K miles. This data takes time; I need 10K on the 5W20 before I can say anything for certain. Maybe by 2018?

Have fun,

Frank

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MPG dropping like a rock with this cold....

Upper and Lower Grills blocked off.

Tires dropped from 48 to 42psi for Winter.  

Yes it can.  I did 36 MPG this morning for my 10 mile run to work but it was 0 deg. F.   Overall we don't have that many of those days to make the overall FE go down that much. 

Of course now that I said that we are going to have the coldest winter in history now!  :drop:

• 2 months later...

Congratulations!  The Enterprise recently pulled to 48.5 Lifetime but there you go, pulling ahead again!   I can hear you singing now: "You can't catch me, I'm the High Mileage Man!"  But for the year (since end of April - my car's birthday), The Enterprise is at 49.6 mpg! happy%20feet.gif Some recent good runs have helped pull it out of the winter doldrums. Last 5 fill-ups (car indicated) were 598 miles @ 63.4 mpg, 502 miles @ 48.3 mpg, 130 miles @ 56.5 mpg, 565 miles @ 51.4 mpg and 634 miles @ 54.1 mpg!  The longer ones were virtually all "highway".  I ran a 75 mile stretch of Interstate at (mostly) 65 to 67 mph and got 57 mpg indicated - helped by a bit of tail wind!  Boy, does head versus tail wind sure make a difference.  Total miles are now past 120,200 with total EV about 50,400.

Edit: added two more tanks and corrected the order.

Edited by SnowStorm