Interior Color

knahs42

It's been a few weeks since I test drove a 2014 Cmax which had the stone leather interior.  I recall it as being more tan than grey - would someone that has one tell me if it is more toward the tan side or more toward the grey side.  In trying to shop and give more color choices than white - I would go for silver except if the stone interior is more tan lookikng, I don't think that would look right.  I know I don't want black.  The car has to sit in the sun in the parking lot at work all day and gets so hot.  Thank you all for your input.

It's been a few weeks since I test drove a 2014 Cmax which had the stone leather interior.  I recall it as being more tan than grey - would someone that has one tell me if it is more toward the tan side or more toward the grey side.  In trying to shop and give more color choices than white - I would go for silver except if the stone interior is more tan lookikng, I don't think that would look right.  I know I don't want black.  The car has to sit in the sun in the parking lot at work all day and gets so hot.  Thank you all for your input.

IMO, the short answer is it depends on the light and what color the floor mats are. I would say the stone leather is a lot closer to taupe than tan.  Although I haven't seen a stone interior in a silver C-Max, I'll bet it would look good.

When I was looking for floor mats (I wanted sisal or coco), I called cocomats.com about mats for my stone interior C-Max.  The guy indicated they don't have the dimensions for the C-Max and would go over to the local Ford dealer and measure.  I also asked him to let me know which of the bottom two matched the stone interior if they had one with stone.  He called back the next day and said the Black and Taupe is the mat you want;  The taupe matches the stone perfectly.

med_gallery_167_32_157786.jpgmed_gallery_167_32_115113.jpg

We have Ice Storm with Stone interior.  I say it looks grey and hubby says it looks taupe.  It does not look like tan at all to us.  We had a tan leather interior in a Lexus and this colour is really not tan at all.  But I guess hubby is more apt in his description calling it taupe.  You would think we all have on different glasses eh?  LOL  I like the Stone leather but it does show the dirt easily so keep that in mind.  And don't wear blue jeans that are dark wash on a long trip or it stains.

We have Ice Storm with Stone interior.  I say it looks grey and hubby says it looks taupe.  It does not look like tan at all to us.  We had a tan leather interior in a Lexus and this colour is really not tan at all.  But I guess hubby is more apt in his description calling it taupe.  You would think we all have on different glasses eh?  LOL  I like the Stone leather but it does show the dirt easily so keep that in mind.  And don't wear blue jeans that are dark wash on a long trip or it stains.

I agree, my wife says it's taupe so I say it's taupe. :)  The brighter the light the more it looks taupe to me.  In dimmer light is looks more grey to me.  It's not tan in any light.  When I look at our grey leather in our Nissan compared to the Stone in our C-Max, the colors looks similar​ in very dim light.  But in bright light, the C-Max Stone takes on the taupe color.

Congratz Knahs42, good decision (from some limited but good color options). Time to :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:.

I/we have gone both directions on interior colors (dark & light) in the past, thought we were headed for Stone as well until the dealer handed us a huge wad of money to take a beautiful Charcoal - love it as well (perfect here since we rarely see the sun :)).

Happy driving !

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea