Sirius update 0% [stuck]

Last week the radio screen said "Sirius update 0%" and nothing Entertainment related worked, including voice commands. I tried rebooting with Master Reset, but it did not help. So I called my Ford dealer and a helpful service guy advised me to temporarily disconnect the auxiliary battery. That solved the problem! In the attached photo, the disconnect point is the one nut to the left, not the two nuts down below. This battery is located under the tray in the back. Anybody else seen this? I could not find a post about it.

post-1070-0-01895300-1406214788_thumb.jpg

Last week the radio screen said "Sirius update 0%" and nothing Entertainment related worked, including voice commands. I tried rebooting with Master Reset, but it did not help. So I called my Ford dealer and a helpful service guy advised me to temporarily disconnect the auxiliary battery. That solved the problem! In the attached photo, the disconnect point is the one nut to the left, not the two nuts down below. This battery is located under the tray in the back. Anybody else seen this? I could not find a post about it.

Wait, CAcreeks! Try having your SiriusXM signal refreshed. You can do it online here:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

Let me know how it goes. :)

Rebecca

Thanks, Rebecca. I'll try that if it ever happens again. That looks like the page I visited when renewing Sirius XM service.

Probably Windows CE and the Entertainment applications have memory leaks. After disconnecting the battery, I noticed that radio stations would display their real frequency instead of "403" or the wrong frequency, as often happened previously.

• 2 months later...

Wait, CAcreeks! Try having your SiriusXM signal refreshed. You can do it online here:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

Let me know how it goes. :)

Rebecca

I have the same "stuck at 0% Sirius update" problem, and tried the signal refresh, but it did not work. One problem is that the refresh instructions say to tune to a particular channel, and that you should hear audio. But, with the system stuck,

• It's impossible to select a channel
  • There is no audio of any kind

Alan

I have the same "stuck at 0% Sirius update" problem, and tried the signal refresh, but it did not work. One problem is that the refresh instructions say to tune to a particular channel, and that you should hear audio. But, with the system stuck,

• It's impossible to select a channel
  • There is no audio of any kind

Alan

After a certain amount of hassle, I followed the original suggestion of disconnecting the 12 Volt battery and can confirm that it worked for me also. And, all my settings appear to be intact.

I have this same problem.  I just don't understand, looking at your pic, which nut to remove to disconnect the auxilliary battery.  Can you clarify just a bit so I don't screw anything up or electrocute myself  :twister: ?  I see two nuts on the left side of your pic, one in the upper center, and two on the bottom (that I'm guessing you said not to touch).  Thanks...

Thanks, Rebecca. I'll try that if it ever happens again. That looks like the page I visited when renewing Sirius XM service.

Probably Windows CE and the Entertainment applications have memory leaks. After disconnecting the battery, I noticed that radio stations would display their real frequency instead of "403" or the wrong frequency, as often happened previously.

This makes me wonder if doing an occasional power reboot of the car would have reduced the battery drain problems that may have been fixed with the software update.

I just fixed it using the fuse option!  The fuse box is located under the glove compartment.  I tried two of the fuses: one labeled for the radio (after I pulled it out, I turned on the car and the radio showed my Sirius stations but still no sound), then one labeled datalink.  Once I turned the car back on, I had sound again!

Edited by APezz

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the fuse fix! I couldn't find a fuse puller, so I went to the dealership and told the service guy what I found on this forum. Initially, he said that pulling the fuse could have bad unforseen consequences and said I should opt for the battery disconnect method (which is what they default to at the Service Dept, calling it a "hard reset"). However, he looked at the battery connections and, suddenly feeling a little wary, opted to do the fuse thing.

It worked like a charm (though he couldn't find a fuse puller, so he opted for a pair of pliers, instead) and he didn't charge me anything. 

An extra bit of info here: 

He noted that I use an iPhone with my car, which he cautioned, is what they believe to cause these issues in the first place. He said that the dept. sees a rash of these cases whenever Apple puts out a new IOS update (not sure that correlates to my own experience). But he did recommend that I get the Ford MySync update and install it at my next opportunity.

• 4 months later...

I realize this is getting to be an old thread but I just had the same thing happen this morning when SiriusXM pushed out a new channel lineup update. My radio was locked up for my entire 40 minute drive--no sound, no hands-free with my phone, could not power off the radio, basically trashed it. After wading through 5 minutes of automated prompts the most help I got from an XM "tech" was sending a refresh signal (which I had already done). I also tried a factory reset with no luck. I found the answer when I found this forum and removed fuse #79 (radio & flasher switch). I appreciate people who take the time to share information and help others--probably saved me a trip to the dealership. By the way, I have an Android phone so I think Sirius gets the credit for this one rather than Apple...

• 4 months later...

I tried the fuse 79, and it didn't seem to work. I started the car again one more time before trying the battery disconnect, and this time the radio worked. However, I cannot get the Entertainment screen to come up on the console screen. The home screen shows the entertainment screen bar at the bottom left as always, but when I touch it nothing happens. (I get the beep like it is registering, but no action.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, it is now August 2017 and it's still happening.  My Sirius update got stuck at 0% couldn't accept a refresh signal from Sirius.  I tried the master reboot to no effect.  Then I tried fuses #73 and #79.  That worked.  Thanks.

No way was I going to try the battery reset.

• 2 months later...

Had the same issue. You can pull "fuse #79" but you have to get there first.

The fuse box is on the passenger side. Go all the way forward one the floor and then up, you'll be under/behind the glove box. Then you have to pull the rug covering to find the fuse box. Once you find "#79." You pull the fuse with a fuse puller or pry. Take it out, put it back and it's fixed.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to disconnect the auxiliary battery, but I'm not sure which nut to disconnect.  The information posted by CAcreeks said the bolt on the left not the two down below, but there are two on the left, as well.

Disconnect the negative cable from the chassis which is the black cable in the upper left corner of the pic.   The negative cable is attached to the chassis with a bolt located to the left of the red positive terminal of the battery.  The bolt is not shown in the pic.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for this suggestion (from 2014!) - IT WORKED! 2013 F250 has been stuck on 0% update all day. Called Sirius to walk us through what to do, and they sent a refresh signal, but nothing happened, even after 30 minutes or so. Anyway, found this forum and read your suggestion, tried it, and it worked. Thanks again!