took delivery of our 2014 C-max in Ice Storm!

fordfan82

Test drove the C-max a few days ago and Loved it! Sales guy we deal with gave me a silver one to test drive but they also had this Color in stock and my wife liked it better and I do too. Wife loved it when she took it for a test drive. We both thought it is very roomy, amazingly quiet on the inside cabin and drives fantastic!

post-2075-0-74139400-1406264403_thumb.jpg

post-2075-0-92146300-1406264433_thumb.jpg

Edited by fordfan82

:congrats:  Congratulations! 67 posts huh - looks like you did a whole bunch of research and participation here as well - good stuff ;)

ps I could easily drive a Storm color, I like it as much as my Platinum, and without the heft $400 for the extra paint Ford charged me (but whos complaining with all these checks from Ford).

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Test drove... a silver one... but they also had this Color in stock and my wife liked it better and I do too.

Your pics were taken under the ideal conditions to show the car as BLUE... which it's not.

I'll wager you were facing East shortly before sunset. The tree (and presumably your house behind you) shades the car from any direct, full-spectrum light, so it's mostly blue skylight illuminating the car, and lo and behold, it's blue! I trust you bought it during the day, so you know that Ice Storm is green, but a pale, metameric green with a cameleon-like appearance, that also doesn't show dirt like some colors. Enjoy!

Have fun,

Frank

CONGRATS! :happy feet:

We need details: trim, packages, 1st week report, etc.

We got the SE. The SEL was going to run 500 a month and that was just a base model. So SE trim with My Ford Touch / winter package. First week has been great. Up to 40 MPG so far and still on the full tank the dealer gave us.

Your pics were taken under the ideal conditions to show the car as BLUE... which it's not.

I'll wager you were facing East shortly before sunset. The tree (and presumably your house behind you) shades the car from any direct, full-spectrum light, so it's mostly blue skylight illuminating the car, and lo and behold, it's blue! I trust you bought it during the day, so you know that Ice Storm is green, but a pale, metameric green with a cameleon-like appearance, that also doesn't show dirt like some colors. Enjoy!

Have fun,

Frank

I've noticed the Green and blue. Saw the color online and hated it but when I saw it in person it was much better. Wanted a Blue Candy color but dealer did not have any in stock. Picture was taken at my parents house near sunset.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, C-Max members,

I just picked up my new C-Max 2014 SEL Ice Storm with 302A package. So far, I love it. I like the color and the power. I have only one question, There is a whine when I startup, depending on whether the Electric or Engine is running.

Anyone else notice this? It scared me in traffic yesterday. I have 291 miles and so far it registers 38.8 with 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

Any suggestions for the noise? Everything else, I am figuring out by this forum and reading the book.

Rex

SeaMax

We got the SE. The SEL was going to run 500 a month and that was just a base model. So SE trim with My Ford Touch / winter package. First week has been great. Up to 40 MPG so far and still on the full tank the dealer gave us.

Congrats, We test drove one with that package at Avis Ford.  What dealer did you purchase this from?  Are you from the Detroit area?  

Is the noise the air conditioning?  Our AC is horrifically noisy, and I often turn it off as I start up as it seems particularly noisy starting off.

I don't think so. It is either the electric motor or the engine starting. I need to check further. Maybe get an audio file for you folks to listen to.