I thought I was in the clear...

erwhitham

I haven't posted in months. After nearly 2 years and 16,000 miles my 2013 SEL CMax with only minor issues and all recalls easily installed, hit a problem today. Running errands my car started slowing and lurching following stops. Also, the D shift on dashboard flickered. I went to P and then to D and eased on, deciding to turn off the AC and lights and head to the dealer-25 minutes away. Of course, the drive was perfect and after a check of hybrid battery, 12 volt, computer system, and a ground wire, nothing showed up. The mechanic indicated that flickering light on shift meant something electrical but it could be a one time glitch. My question, please. Has anyone experienced this occurrence? And if so, am I headed for a battery/electrical problem after all this time?

If you powered down 12V accessories and the problem stopped, I would charge and test my 12V battery.

Thank you. I'm very careful with accessories. Transmission was ok. Now we're wondering if bad gas fill up or repeat of purge valve problem could account for the lurching.

Thank you. I'm very careful with accessories. Transmission was ok. Now we're wondering if bad gas fill up or repeat of purge valve problem could account for the lurching.

This will take the guesswork out of the battery. http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-SSC-1500A-CA-SpeedCharge-Charger-Battery/dp/B000H961YI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406485546&sr=8-1&keywords=1500+ship+n+shore+charger

I haven't posted in months. After nearly 2 years and 16,000 miles my 2013 SEL CMax with only minor issues and all recalls easily installed, hit a problem today. Running errands my car started slowing and lurching following stops. Also, the D shift on dashboard flickered. I went to P and then to D and eased on, deciding to turn off the AC and lights and head to the dealer-25 minutes away. Of course, the drive was perfect and after a check of hybrid battery, 12 volt, computer system, and a ground wire, nothing showed up. The mechanic indicated that flickering light on shift meant something electrical but it could be a one time glitch. My question, please. Has anyone experienced this occurrence? And if so, am I headed for a battery/electrical problem after all this time?

If this happens again I would stop the car when you can and turn off the car. Let it set for 20-30 sec. and restart it and see what happens. This would fix any software problems. :)

Paul