Power Lift Gate

Wnuk

Has my first odd happening with my Cmax today. Using the FOB, I clicked twice to open the tail gate like I had many times already. The rear tail lights blinked but the gate didn't open. Thinking I may have been too far away I instead approached the car and used the button up under the license plate holder. And still the gate wouldn't lift, I had to manually lift it. There was nothing obstructing it. When pushing the button to close it, it still would not go down on its own so I shut it manually.

After returning to the car a few hours later, all was normal again. Has anyone else experienced this? :headscratch:

Around May 2013, when my C-Max was 6 months old, I had one time when I could not get the lift gate to close automatically. It was around 10pm and I did not know if it was ok to close it manually. I looked up the tel number of a Ford dealer in Hawaii. They were surprised to get a call from North Carolina and they were very helpful too. They said closing manually was ok so that's what I did. Everything worked normally after that.