led plasma bulb conversion

Hi Everyone,

new member, new c-max owner(2 months).  I'm looking into replacing all my exterior stock oem incandescent bulbs(with the exception of the headlights and fog lights) with led plasma bulbs.  Have investigated and done some research and it seems feasible for doing if a couple of small details can be worked out.  Instead of having to wire separate load resistors into the system for the led's,  I am thinking of just replacing the factory oem brake light and  turn signal relays,  with the relays that are specifically made for the no load or light load resistance of the led lights.  Problem is that I can't find specifically which stock oem relays are the ones that I need to replace.  There are a number of relays in the fuse boxes both in the engine compartment and the rear cargo compartment--some of which are identified in the owners manual and some are not.  Some are for blower relay,  heated seats relay, etc,  while a few are identified as miscellaneous --what the hell is that??  I have not been able to find any sort of wiring diagram anywhere.  Does anyone here on the forum know which relays I need to replace or will I just have to bribe one of the mechanics at the dealership with lunch or a six pack next time I'm there??  Thanks for everyone's help in advance. 

By the way,  I'm a retired machinist after 39 years as a journeyman,  mostly in maintanence and repair.  I usually modify and torture any car I own.

Nick  

wab and Adrian-L

thanks for your response. I'm going with plasma just due to personal choice. The technology is a little different than regular leds. I'm going to use bulbs from a company called Putco which has been in business for a few years and I know people who have purchased different products from them. The company has a good reputation and they have a lifetime warranty on their bulbs. The lumens on the plasma bulbs vary from about 300 for the red and yellow bulbs to about 420 for the backup bulbs. Not sure about the license plate light bulbs. I think the only bulbs that I will have a problem with are the turn signal bulbs possibly going into super flashing mode or error mode without a different relay from the stock oem one or in line load resistors. I know that elsewhere on the forum there has been someone who attempted to install leds for the turn signals without load resistors or new relay and the bulbs wouldn't work correctly. Anyway that's my thoughts. I have a lot of things going on right now so it will probably be a week or two before I get the bulbs and attempt to install them.

Nick