Hard to find C-Max with Sunroof!

RockwallRick

My Wife and I recently purchased a new 2014 C-Max Sel and our local Ford Dealer had to go all the way to the Florida Panhandle to find one with the panaramic sunroof

plus the options and color she wanted. She had her head set on a hybrid but was unimpressed with the sluggishness of the Toyota Prius! I talked her into test driving a C-max

even though I am NOT a Ford guy myself!  I drove it to Clearwater Beach and back ( approx 180 miles ) and averaged about 46 mpg in combined city/hwy driving. I think with

a little practice it will be able to crack the 50 mpg barrier! Looking forward to learning more about this car!! We are lovin it so far!!

Welcome! And what color did your wife want?

As you're not a Ford guy (I wasn't), you may not know about these two sites:

- ETIS gives you lots of information about your car, including "outstanding field service actions" aka recalls, and a very complete list (under minor features) of options you do and don't have.

- http://support.ford.com/ give you access to dealers, coupons, service data, and with a cell phone link through SYNC, access to Vehicle Health Reports sent from your car's diagnostic system.

On the forum, you'll find both praise and complaint, and a lot of information on what this car can do, and how to make it do what it can. I've been amazed how much my own driving style has changed, as a result of a car that tells you how it wants to be driven for economy, at the expense of very little else. The only thing this car doesn't like is cold weather, not an issue in Flroida!

HAve fun,

Frank

Thanks for the info! I found one in Daytona but she didn't like the color, then I found another one in Jacksonville. We were getting ready to drive

up there but then our local Ford dealer found another one which had everything on it ( including sunroof ) She was used to having an opening

sunroof but so far I don't think she misses it. It was a radical change. She had an SRT Charger before!!