Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

grinding coming from the front end

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mnrobitaille

mnrobitaille

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 191 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationKahlotus, WA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 303A, Pano Roof

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Went to get mail this morning & when pulling out of the driveway, started hearing some grinding coming from the front end. The grinding happened when both going forward & reverse, any idea what could be causing the grinding?

On another note, the Under Carriage Shield had some damage done to it & is not in top condition. Waiting for a replacement to come in. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Went to get mail this morning & when pulling out of the driveway, started hearing some grinding coming from the front end. The grinding happened when both going forward & reverse, any idea what could be causing the grinding?

On another note, the Under Carriage Shield had some damage done to it & is not in top condition. Waiting for a replacement to come in. 

Since you're concerned, mnrobitaille, it might be a good idea to get this in front of your dealer. What's the current mileage?

Crystal

#3 OFFLINE   wab

wab

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 927 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Locationnorth texas
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 303 with Glass Roof

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Ouch on the "Under Carriage Shield", what ever caused the damage probably damaged something else.

I've hit a lot of stuff, climbed a center median (very slowly) barely made it across...scrapppp.

Finally figured out that if I raised the seat I would quit running over stuff.

Except for the time I drug it over a LARGE truck tread at 65 mph behind our motor home :banghead: .

Shield looks OK only a few scratches.

#4 OFFLINE   mnrobitaille

mnrobitaille

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 191 posts
  • LocationKahlotus, WA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

The CMax was towed into our local dealership, & they did a bonnet to boot inspection with nothing being found. They also did a rechecked the Under Carriage Shield thoroughly & noticed it was just not secured properly. 

#5 OFFLINE   mnrobitaille

mnrobitaille

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 191 posts
  • LocationKahlotus, WA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Ouch on the "Under Carriage Shield", what ever caused the damage probably damaged something else.

I've hit a lot of stuff, climbed a center median (very slowly) barely made it across...scrapppp.

Except for the time I drug it over a LARGE truck tread at 65 mph behind our motor home :banghead: .

When you're towing behind your motorhome, do you tow with wheels down on the road or on a flatbed?

The towing companies around me will not tow any hybrid unless it's on a flatbed.

#6 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,297 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ruby Red
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

Possibly a wheel bearing gone out prematurely.  

#7 OFFLINE   wab

wab

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 927 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Locationnorth texas
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 303 with Glass Roof

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

When you're towing behind your motorhome, do you tow with wheels down on the road or on a flatbed?

The towing companies around me will not tow any hybrid unless it's on a flatbed.

We have a little over 7K miles with "wheels down", no problems, with most tow days around 500 miles.

Which means we have over 32600 miles on the tires.

Good to hear "no trouble found" maybe something caught in between a brake rotor and caliper?

#8 OFFLINE   RobMax

RobMax

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Sterling Gray Metallic C-Max Hybrid SE

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

The CMax was towed into our local dealership, & they did a bonnet to boot inspection with nothing being found. They also did a rechecked the Under Carriage Shield thoroughly & noticed it was just not secured properly. 

I take it the sound is gone then? Like Wab, the first thing I thought was gravel/rock getting stuck between the brake pad and rotor, especially since it sounds like you might likely live on a dirt road, seeing as how you're in Kahlotus, WA (google mapped it), and need to drive to get your mail.  :)

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·