grinding coming from the front end

Went to get mail this morning & when pulling out of the driveway, started hearing some grinding coming from the front end. The grinding happened when both going forward & reverse, any idea what could be causing the grinding?

On another note, the Under Carriage Shield had some damage done to it & is not in top condition. Waiting for a replacement to come in. 

Went to get mail this morning & when pulling out of the driveway, started hearing some grinding coming from the front end. The grinding happened when both going forward & reverse, any idea what could be causing the grinding?

On another note, the Under Carriage Shield had some damage done to it & is not in top condition. Waiting for a replacement to come in. 

Since you're concerned, mnrobitaille, it might be a good idea to get this in front of your dealer. What's the current mileage?

Crystal

Ouch on the "Under Carriage Shield", what ever caused the damage probably damaged something else.

I've hit a lot of stuff, climbed a center median (very slowly) barely made it across...scrapppp.

Finally figured out that if I raised the seat I would quit running over stuff.

Except for the time I drug it over a LARGE truck tread at 65 mph behind our motor home :banghead: .

Shield looks OK only a few scratches.

Ouch on the "Under Carriage Shield", what ever caused the damage probably damaged something else.

I've hit a lot of stuff, climbed a center median (very slowly) barely made it across...scrapppp.

Except for the time I drug it over a LARGE truck tread at 65 mph behind our motor home :banghead: .

When you're towing behind your motorhome, do you tow with wheels down on the road or on a flatbed?

The towing companies around me will not tow any hybrid unless it's on a flatbed.

When you're towing behind your motorhome, do you tow with wheels down on the road or on a flatbed?

The towing companies around me will not tow any hybrid unless it's on a flatbed.

We have a little over 7K miles with "wheels down", no problems, with most tow days around 500 miles.

Which means we have over 32600 miles on the tires.

Good to hear "no trouble found" maybe something caught in between a brake rotor and caliper?

The CMax was towed into our local dealership, & they did a bonnet to boot inspection with nothing being found. They also did a rechecked the Under Carriage Shield thoroughly & noticed it was just not secured properly. 

I take it the sound is gone then? Like Wab, the first thing I thought was gravel/rock getting stuck between the brake pad and rotor, especially since it sounds like you might likely live on a dirt road, seeing as how you're in Kahlotus, WA (google mapped it), and need to drive to get your mail.  :)