2014 C-Max Owners

RockwallRick

2014 SE that we bought off the dealers lot in April.  It had been at the dealer less than a week.    Now  over 12,000 miles.  Have done an oil change.  Taken it in for one recall.

After the recall we couldn't get the time right on the center display (small screen).  Finally after correcting the date we could change the time.  That's it.  No issues or problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 600+ miles so far, and I'm getting a little worried that I have a "Friday" car  :sad:

You can check; the build date is on the driver door at the front of of the sill. Mine was manufactured on 3 Jul 14. BTW, the traditional "bad" day was Monday because folks came back off a hard weekend. But I suppose Friday might have been folks anxious to get off work.

Mine would have been a "Friday", in that the next day was a holiday. I'm only at 1K miles on mine.

• 2 months later...

Yes, same here with six months (but only 4K -- just don't drive too many miles, although drive often).

Maximis saved me today, as the Durango was parked in the driveway (I was sawing some lumber with my table saw in the garage) and although I knew it was behind me I could have sworn I had plenty of clearance.  As I blithely backed up the backup warning sounds made me stop and realize I would have taken the sides off both vehicles if I had continued.

I realize a lot of vehicles have this, but this was the first for me so really nice.  In any case, now that I'm averaging in the high 50's for mpg (love winter in Florida!) it's making me SO glad I have this particular hybrid.  It's more fun to drive now than the day I bought it.

• 1 month later...

Kelly - yes, how did we every live without technology. I hate to rent cars without cameras and warning systems and now request these features. I am getting persnickety to request push button start cars as they are more likely to have the extra bells and whistles. I am hoping by the time I need to replace Phantom, they will have the side warning system as well.

I almost went with the 303 package to get the front warning but didn't want to pay the extra for the auto park system. My Escape had the system but I only pushed the button once and freaked out. 

I was going to write a three month review but I'll do it here. After four thousand miles the only problem I've had was the hatch sensor, and that was the day I bought it. The seats seem to show dirt, by that they look dirty and it is almost impossible to keep the back window clean. That's the bad the good is that this is a very well made vehicle, no rattles, mpgs are good, not going to complain about 37mpg. My touch does what it is supposed to. I only tried the parking assist once, it doesn't really come up in my daily life. All in all I'm still as impressed with the car as the day I bought it.

I bought a C-Max SEL+303A with cargo protector/organizer pkgs. Love driving it & no problems so far, but would like to know whether to be concerned about the drone sound when accelerating. I read somewhere that drone sound comes from the CVT. Any opinions?

Take it to the dealer. There is a TSB about transmission noise, although that noise happens even in neutral. But I've not read of any such drone. It is also possible that the Active Noise Suppression system is not working right.

I'm in an Energi, BTW, but same transmission.

• 1 month later...

I got my grey sel 302a in April after I ordered it in Dec. I am approaching 1 year and we are at 42.6 Mpg and 12500 miles. The only problem we have had, was a rock that hit just right and got the windshield and also got the panoramic sunroof. Our mileage topped out at 44.2 before the Colorado winter hit. My wife and I love the car, me for the great MPG and she loves all of the options packed into the car. So far I think it's a keeper.

I bought a new 2014 w/201a package (does not have MFT) on 2/27/15. I don't recall the exact build date on the car, somewhere around August I as I recall. I remember thinking that it was about 6 months 'old' when I bought it.

So far I've put about 500 miles on it with an overall average of 45.6 mpg. I don't do much interstate driving, lots of secondary roads in my normal travels, so that helps the MPG, and I've been driving hybrids since 2005, so I've got a reasonable feel for a balance between speed and fuel economy.

So far the car has been problem free, and like others I enjoy it more as I drive it more.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we have 9 months but only around 6400 (guess I just don't get out as much, although I'm trying :>).  But all is well so far.

I just hope this isn't the punch line of that joke about the guy who thought he could fly and so he jumped out of the Empire State Building (around the 30th floor his friend asked him how it was going and he said "So far, so good!")

All is well at 9 months and 9k miles! :rockon:

Yeah, we have 9 months but only around 6400 (guess I just don't get out as much, although I'm trying :>).  But all is well so far...

Hello Ford Fam,

I’m glad to learn that all is well your way, and thanks for sharing.

I’ll be here if you need anything!  :) 

Tricia 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@KashmirSwimsuit - You can ask the dealer to look it or I think you can find it by going to www.etis.ford.com. I think I saw it there. Or maybe it was the in service date. It has been a while and honestly I don't remember and I am too slow of an internet connection to browse much to double check. I remeber for sure that at ETIS you can see what updates or recalls were done (if any).

We bought a 2014 C-max Energi and really love the car so far. A few minor niggles but no reliability issues. For example the leather should be vented. As it is, the seats are very sweaty in the heat. So we bought sheepskin to cover them. Problem solved. 

Take some time to learn how to drive it to get good fuel economy (FE). A few minor changes in driving style can have a huge impact on mileage. My worst tank was 33 and best about 47 mpg. Current tank though is in the mid-50's! While we have an Energi model, so far it is pretty much just operating in hybrid mode. I am working out of town and we have no real options to plug it in. To use the commercial chargers it is more than gas when I factor in the cost per mile.

Since the cost was almost the same to buy the Energi as the normal hybrid version, we went with the Energi. It is really impressive how well it runs on just electric.So far the best we've done on purely electric is 29 miles. The real benefit though for us is being able to choose when to run purely electric or use the gas motor.

There are times where we were stuck in terrible traffic in LA average about 3-5 mph. By running in purely EV (electric mode) we were using the EV mode where it was most efficient and not kicking on the gas motor at all for about 45 min. In the hybrid mode it would have had to start maybe 10 times or so dropping the fuel economy. 

• 3 years later...