2014 C-Max Owners

RockwallRick

My wife's 2014 has 74000 ml on it now. The rear door latch stoppers had to be adjusted because the door wouldn't open completely any more (we had to push it down hard to get it to open). We had a flat tire on the freeway and had to get towed and buy a new tire. The lug nuts are swollen and I had to destroy some  to get them off. Thinking of buying solid ones because I also want to do my brakes in the future. Left front blinker bulb overheated (probably while using the emergency lights while waiting for the tow) and melted the plastic socket....it's a pain to change because you have to remove the entire assembly. Also changed cabin and engine filter and it's not too much fun either. Car is really low and my wife got stuck on one of these parking stoppers once and ripped part of the front undercover off. They make it hard to do your own maintenance on this car. Other than that it runs good.

• 2 years later...

Been awhile since I have been on here, but we have had our 2014 Cmax for almost 7 years now and it currently has about 62K miles on it. I experienced the lug nut issue trying to rotate the tires last year. Since then I have been taking it to our local Ford dealer for that job. Other than that, the only major issue was with the power steering which we had replaced under warranty.

We are still getting 44 mpg overall but on trips over 20 miles sometimes it will exceed 50 mpg. My wife still loves her Cmax but she now has her eyes on a new Mustang Mach-E!!