Sap on Windshield

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on remove sap from windows.

I've tried everything and cannot get rid of these little drops of sap. Tried glass cleaners, using hot water and trying scrubbing it off, but to no avail. 

It's driving me nuts now and looking for anyone who may have come across the same issue.

Trying to avoid using a blade on the problem.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!  :confused:

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on remove sap from windows.

I've tried everything and cannot get rid of these little drops of sap. Tried glass cleaners, using hot water and trying scrubbing it off, but to no avail.

It's driving me nuts now and looking for anyone who may have come across the same issue.

Trying to avoid using a blade on the problem.

Thanks for any help and suggestions! :confused:

. Are you sure it is sap? I thought sap would come off with soap and water. Could it be pine resin? Pine resin smells like pine

i'm not sure what kind of sap it is, (parked car on different street that week) but it looks like a fine mist on the glass like if someone sneezed on the windows and boogers got stuck on! Hehehehehe

Good idea on the nail polish remover! Gonna try that out!!!  :worship:

Edited by xanotos

The best and easiest way to remove sap is a wet dryer sheet. I have even used one that has already gone through with a load of laundry in the dryer. I found the tip online when I could not easily remove sap some years ago after a camping trip. You will be amazed how well and easily it works. I have used it on paint as well to remove sap and other things that have gotten baked onto a car. I don't know how it works, but it does. No scrubbing, no razor blades, and no pain. I use the ones we get from Costco, but I am sure any of them will work..

I have used it for more that sap. Somebody threw something on my daughters car, and we never knew what it was. She let it back in the son for a month or more. It was all over the fender and part of the hood. I was having trouble getting it off, so I decided to try the dryer sheets, and it worked. So yes, it will work for more than sap. I was amazed how easily it devolved the sap the first time I tried it after I had been struggling for a while to get it off.