My New SeaMax

Rexh

Hello, C-Max members,

I just picked up my new C-Max 2014 SEL Ice Storm with 302A package. So far, I love it. I like the color and the power. I have only one question, There is a whine when I startup, depending on whether the Electric or Engine is running.

Anyone else notice this? It scared me in traffic yesterday. I have 291 miles and so far it registers 38.8 with 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

Any suggestions for the noise? Everything else, I am figuring out by this forum and reading the book.

Rex

SeaMax

I remember seeing posts about this before. From what I recall, the sound in the posts had to do with acceleration, and it only happened when ICE was running. However, maybe that is a good place to start your search.

I have that noise, but only as above, and almost only when doing a higher rate of acceleration. It does not happen when I am doing a lesser burn.

Hello, C-Max members,

I just picked up my new C-Max 2014 SEL Ice Storm with 302A package. So far, I love it. I like the color and the power. I have only one question, There is a whine when I startup, depending on whether the Electric or Engine is running.

Anyone else notice this? It scared me in traffic yesterday. I have 291 miles and so far it registers 38.8 with 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

Any suggestions for the noise? Everything else, I am figuring out by this forum and reading the book.

Rex

SeaMax

Congrats and welcome, Rex! Since you're concerned, you can always swing by your dealership so they can take a listen/look. If you need any additional help, just let me know. :)

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, I will be going to my dealer this week sometime for accessory installation and will ask them.

One Ford Company question is will my fee oil changes from the dealer I purchased the car from be hosted at another dealer closer to my home?

Hello, C-Max members,

I have only one question, There is a whine when I startup, depending on whether the Electric or Engine is running.

Rex

SeaMax

SSM 44253 - 2013 C-MAX / 2013-2014 Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi - Powertrain Clunk/Whine - Bonus Bolt In Engine Mount

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/3095-ssm-44253-2013-c-max-2013-2014-fusion-and-mkz-hybridenergi-powertrain-clunkwhine-bonus-bolt-in-engine-mount/?hl=44253