Custom Mats

Jeff Brandt

Hello All,

Anyone have the custom mats for the C-Max?  At first I wondered if they existed because my SEL did not come with the custom mats (although it did come with really good high quality mats).  But I did a check this evening and it looks like Ford has some awesome custom mats in both a black and a stone that run for $95.  I will check into ordering these.  I was wondering if anyone has them, or if anyone got custom mats as the default with their C-Max.  The main difference I see is that the custom mats have the C-Max emblem (in awesome fashion) on all four (even the rear passenger) mats.  Like I said, the ones I received were definitely premium, but I like the custom mats even more.  Again, I wanted to see if anyone else has them and what they think of them.  I definitely plan on ordering a set.   :)    

Search for 'WeatherTech' to locate several custom floor mat discussion threads in the forums.

I have the $95 Ford all-weather (rubber) floor mats, and they're do protect the carpet and collect excess debris, mud, and snow, but they're certainly not elegant

Edited by kostby

I just bought new Husky 99741 WeatherBeater black front and rear floor liners for $150 shipped to the door off an ebay seller. They are excellent quality and fit and were much cheaper than the WeatherTech liners I had in my FEH. Look around, you can find either one on CL, Amazon, or Ebay cheaper than most other automotive sites. 

Not only do the rubber Husky (and WeatherTech) floor mats cover much more of the floor area than the carpet mats, thus protecting those areas better (and staying in place), but they make it much easier to vacuum. Turns a 30min front/rear process into a 10min process, so what's not to love about that? And you won't even notice they're rubber/plastic after you put them in the vehicle since they're form-fitting.

I've got the weathertech mats in the passenger area of the car, and the OEM cargo area mat in the back.  The weathertech mats are very nice, and look very nice as well.  Well worth the price, in my opinion.  The mat in the back from Ford is not as high quality, but serves the purpose fine.  I think I'll probably eventually get a weathertech for back there as well.

Actually, we DO have carpet in the bathrooms -- at least rugs (like mats).  Do YOU have rubber rugs in YOUR bathroom?  If so -- yuck.

Rubber mats, no matter how thick, are just tacky.  IMHO, of course, but to each his own (that's why they make them both ways).

Rugs are fine.  I'm specifically referring to carpet around the toilet.  If you have ever seen the movie "Sexy Beast" you will agree with me that there should be a law against them.  Along with tan coloured nylons and Old Spice.

Well, we have little rugs around the toilet as well.  As with everything in life (especially cars), YMMV (some of us are just neater than others :>).

And, no, I'm well aware of what my feet are on and there has never been a rubber car mat I'm not WELL aware of when I'm driving.  That awful feeling (of my feet "sticking" to the floor -- I always wear tennis shoes) far outweighs any slight advantage in cleaning (like I said, our Durango carpets are still in really good shape going on their second decade now, and we've even been offroad quite a few times in it).

Again, some people are just, well, let's just say more careful about making sure their feet are clean before they put them places where it matters.

Edited by Kelleytoons

Well, we have little rugs around the toilet as well.  As with everything in life (especially cars), YMMV (some of us are just neater than others :>).

And, no, I'm well aware of what my feet are on and there has never been a rubber car mat I'm not WELL aware of when I'm driving.  That awful feeling (of my feet "sticking" to the floor -- I always wear tennis shoes) far outweighs any slight advantage in cleaning (like I said, our Durango carpets are still in really good shape going on their second decade now, and we've even been offroad quite a few times in it).

Again, some people are just, well, let's just say more careful about making sure their feet are clean before they put them places where it matters.

Very odd. I'm not sure what's been on the rubber mats you've used, or what kind they are, but my feet never stick to the floor of any weathertech or husky mat I've purchased, and I wear Nike runners 24/7  -- never had passenger complaints either. Have you tried the Weathertech or Husky form-fit liners? I hate to vacuum any small particle like sand, dirt, leaves, whatever, from auto carpets -- these mats save a lot of cleaning time, and keep the underlying carpet perfectly clean. 

BTW all, I just scored the OEM Ford cargo liner from ebay for $60 shipped to the door --- good prices can be had if you look hard enough.

Well, perhaps "stick" isn't a good word to use -- I don't mean like in theater floors (where you can't remove your foot).  I just mean that I shift my feet around when I drive and I like them to smoothly slide on the rug.  With a rubber mat they do not do this, they "hold" (because, well, rubber).  That is unacceptable.

And I'm willing to admit this may just be me but I also think there is a real reason rubber mats aren't the standard.  Folks like carpet for all kinds of reasons and, yes, some folks even like putting rubber (or plastic) on their furniture for protection.  So different strokes and all that.

For the purpose of this thread I'm just a minority opinion and I'll stay out of the rest of it, but I do think it's worth mentioning for people who feel the same as I do (which is why I asked about them in the first place -- if they were superior carpet ones I might have been interested in buying them).

When I ordered mats for our C-MAX from the dealer, I expected to receive the carpeted ones with the C-MAX logo, because I didn't even realize there was an all-weather option at the time, but they are the same price.

So I received the genuine Ford all-weather mat set with the C-MAX logo, and they're really very nice. I'll also mention that the driver's side front mat does lock in place at the two points already set into the carpet, preventing the infamous 'Toyota 1.2 billion dollar floor mat settlement' problem. http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/toyota-reaches-12-billion-settlement-to-end-criminal-probe/2014/03/19/5738a3c4-af69-11e3-9627-c65021d6d572_story.html

Depending upon how much the winter road chemicals and crud discolor these rubber mats (if at all), I might get the carpeted mats while they're still available, to use next summer. 

It's peculiar that I drove cars for over 50 years with floor mats that did not fasten to the floor and never had to hire a lawyer or join in any class action lawsuit:)

That's because you were raised in the age when parents preached personal responsibility and common sense: "You don't need a BB gun. You could put somebody's eye out!"

But for a generation or so at least, we have lived in the age of mega-product-liability-law firms who bombard us with TV-commercials and infomercials and who work on contingency to protect all of humanity against any and all threats, real or imagined...

I like the Weathertech mats but they need a better color for my light stone interior.  I confess I probably do not need them and lacking the proper color is saving me $200.  Currently saving another $100 by not having any battery problems.  I will probably get tint put on before next summer.  It is extraordinary how much we spend on addons after buying cars, cameras, phones, etc.

Anyone have help in deciding weathertech vs husky ?

Thanks.

I've had both. Weathertech DigitalFit in FEH, and Husky WeatherBeater in Max. Fit is very good for both. I've read the Husky mats cover the driver's dead pedal area better. They should both last forever. I bought the Husky mats and saved over $80 versus the Weathertechs. Hope that helps. 

I've had both. Weathertech DigitalFit in FEH, and Husky WeatherBeater in Max. Fit is very good for both. I've read the Husky mats cover the driver's dead pedal area better. They should both last forever. I bought the Husky mats and saved over $80 versus the Weathertechs. Hope that helps. 

Perfect.  Thanks.

I have the tan rugs and interior.  What color did you buy.  I am leaning toward the black for am concern tan will not match right.

Edited by obob

Perfect.  Thanks.

I have the tan rugs and interior.  What color did you buy.  I am leaning toward the black for am concern tan will not match right.

Black in both FEH (over a year with them) and Max (a week). Figured it would look the cleanest as time went on, and it did. I had some grey rubber mats in a Caravan long ago and they were horribly discolored after just a few months and I could never get them completely clean.