Halfway to 800

HannahWCU

Hannah, did you try to cram any extra ounces in at your last fill up?

Not on purpose, but I didn't fill up at my regular spot.  I wanted Ethanol Free fuel.  The pump I used was slow, so i think I got a little extra in.  I won't be worrying too much until the MTE goes to 0.  I've driven 20 miles past that on my first 600 mile tank.  I actually filled up with 13.9 Gallons that time.  Should pass 700 on my way home today.  I have some errands to run this afternoon too, so that will put a few extra city miles on.

I figure that there is about one gal. left when you hit 0 MTE so you should be able to get around 40 more miles. My empty fill ups have been 13.9 to 14gal. The car will start up immediately once you put gas in it. BTW you will not run out of gas going up hill and going down hill is very likely. I know this from experience of having it happen when I was going to SAM's to fill up. Here was a steep down hill about 1/4 mile from SAM's and usually I would EV it, but decided ICE it instead to keep HVB charged as much as possible knowing I was real close to empty. And sure enough going down hill the ICE quit and went to EV which gave me two options. One I could just EV it to SAM's or I could stop on the up hill portion and restart the ICE and ICE it to the station. I went with EVing it being simpler solution. :shift: :)

Paul

700 mile update:

post-355-0-11777300-1410310957_thumb.jpg

MTE is about 70, but since the car says I have only used about 11.4 gallons I should have no trouble hitting 800 :thumbsup:   ...

right?

:headscratch:

:future:

BTW, the gas guage turned yellow at 671.6, then it turned back white, then turned yellow and stayed there at about 690.

Edited by HannahWCU

Yeah...you can do it. Bring the spare can, focus more on EV and don't be tempted to gun the CMax. Every squirt of ICE counts so MINIMIZE. If you topped off as much as possible, then you will use that bonus gas at this key time. You can, in most cases, get 25 miles when MTE zero hits and it's also based on your past histogram.

Finish line in sight - Cheers almost Hannah !

('Gun it' ? - that is reserved for the CR drivers, they get bonuses for that - gun, brake hard, gun, brake hard, gun, brake hard - anything to thwart the evil little Ford machine - ah hahahahaha !  (although we are entitled to enjoy those 188 ponies anytime we want, yust for fun, and at a moments notice  :superhero: ))

Edited by C-MaxSea

Thanks for the encouragement :rockon:  Fuel Gauge turned red at 719.5 miles. Got just over 65 MPG on the way in this morning.  MTE looks to put me at about 770 miles when it counts down to 0.  Should be close to that after tonight's commute home.  Thinking of plotting out a relatively flat course to run those last 30 miles before the commute to work tomorrow.  Don't want to run out of gas on the way in  :doh: .  We will see tonight.

Edited by HannahWCU

Finish line in sight - Cheers almost Hannah !

('Gun it' ? - that is reserved for the CR driversFormer Toaster Reviewers, they get bonuses for that - gun, brake hard, gun, brake hard, gun, brake hard - anything to thwart the evil little Ford machine - ah hahahahaha !  (although we are entitled to enjoy those 188 ponies anytime we want, yust for fun, and at a moments notice  :superhero: ))

If you're gonna quote them, give them their street creds.By the way, I did get 33MPG, I GUNNED like like the clappers on my last tank. And I still pulled up at the Costco gas tank yesterday with 700+ miles on that tank. It was a  :airquote: wasted tank, since I took it to Galpin so they ran my MPG down anyway. Time to smoke some more of that stuff....*puff*...when is my CR check coming..cough...*puff*....again  :headspin:

Sorry to thread jack..so back to the topic...GO HANNAHWCU!!!!! <---he's banned from the Toaster Review company as well. Infact, everyone in the 600+ CMax NEED NOT apply. Sad.  ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Thanks for the encouragement :rockon:  Fuel Gauge turned red at 719.5 miles. Got just over 65 MPG on the way in this morning.  MTE looks to put me at about 770 miles when it counts down to 0.  Should be close to that after tonight's commute home.  Thinking of plotting out a relatively flat course to run those last 30 miles before the commute to work tomorrow.  Don't want to urn out of gas on the way in  :doh: .  We will see tonight.

MTE goes down pretty fast at the end, how many gallons have you used? Remember you will not run out of gas going up hill unless it is more than five miles! To me it looks awful close, don't leave home without the gas can. You may have to use actual mileage with GPS to make it. Keep up the good job! Don't worry about running out, will automatically go into EV and just keep going looking for a place to stop in less than one mile hopefully and maybe a gas station. You will probably run out going down hill so expect it and keep looking for a stopping point. Doing this if it happens you will be prepared and it will be a non event. :shift: :) 

Paul 

:happy feet: I MADE IT!!! :happy feet:

post-355-0-09851700-1410390750_thumb.jpg

802.1 Miles (542.0EV) on 12.96 Gallons for 61.8MPG

Pump showed 13.257 Gallons for 60.5MPG

I was milking it for all it was worth for the last 69+ miles:

post-355-0-59954000-1410390841_thumb.jpg

MTE showed 0 at 767.7 with 12.47 gallons used.  I was really sweating the last 10 miles. 

Great job!  Did you top off when you filled up this time? If you did it looks like you could have gone another 40 miles. :thumbsup:

Paul

Yes I topped off, but not at the same place as the last time I filled up.  The place with the ethanol free fuel was closed by the time I hit 800 miles. I agree, I probably had another 1/2 gallon left, but the fuel gauge was no long reading ANYTHING.  And for those that have never gone that far, the red bars on the fuel gauge WILL register below the "E" line.  Look closely on my photo of the gauge and you can see black below the "E" line.  I was sweating it.

Yes I topped off, but not at the same place as the last time I filled up.  The place with the ethanol free fuel was closed by the time I hit 800 miles. I agree, I probably had another 1/2 gallon left, but the fuel gauge was no long reading ANYTHING.  And for those that have never gone that far, the red bars on the fuel gauge WILL register below the "E" line.  Look closely on my photo of the gauge and you can see black below the "E" line.  I was sweating it.

I was trying to give you some confidence that you don't have to worry about running out of gas, no tress. Apparently I didn't do a very good job. You did great. Wait a minute, you did have a can of gas in your car didn't you? ;) 

Paul 

nice point on the red lines disappearing.  never seen the red lines disappear on any of my fillups...

any idea on yoru average speed...

thats one thing I miss about the prius,  it showed average MPH...

A ball park # is divide  hrs. into miles driven. I use my Garmin GPS to keep average moving speed when going for a record run and take a pic of it too. :)

Paul